Creating Audio files for The 2B

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Malmo
Active

Creating Audio files for The 2B

Post by Malmo »

HI,

So im very interested to create audio files for the 2B.
There is the software Audicy but also Ultimakte Kit and Minigen from Estim Audio Bandcamp. So its time for me to explore those softwares.

But what I am wondering about is the handling of audio on the 2B. In which range of HZ, Minimum HZ to Max HZ does the 2B handle without processing the signal to much? I know there is a bottom and top range. If I understand it correct the 2B is processing the signal and if the Max HZ for the 2B is "lets say it is 1000HZ" and the audiofile have a top HZ at 1500 HZ the 2B will somehow process it down, right? And I guess the signal will not be a correct signal as intended, but maybe im wrong :)?

But to let the 2B not processing it to much, in what range of HZ shall I be in when im creating an Audio file?

The tracks on the CD that comes along in the package when we are buying the 2B, in which range are those tracks for example?

Kindly Regards
Malmo

admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating Audio files for The 2B

Post by admin »

generally we say between 50Hz and 5Khz, but there s a tail off towards higher frequencies, and with the new beta firmware the range is changing.

The normal answer is to experiment with what works for you.
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Malmo
Active

Post by Malmo »

I will experiment :)

The audio files on the cd. Which software have you used to create them? If it's ok to ask.
Also, are those files within the range of HZ or are they peaking over the 5khz?

Any idea what the new values is in the beta?

Do you recommend to upgrade to the beta for the use of stereo mode/audio files? What would you do :)?

/Malmo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Malmo wrote:I will experiment :)

The audio files on the cd. Which software have you used to create them? If it's ok to ask.

Also, are those files within the range of HZ or are they peaking over the 5khz?
A number were actually created with a synthesiser during a series of play sessions, several others were donated. Most tracks do have components over the frequency threshold of the 2B, it just means the frequencies are ignored.
Any idea what the new values is in the beta?
Not yet. Its still under development.
Do you recommend to upgrade to the beta for the use of stereo mode/audio files? What would you do :)?
If you are happy to install the beta then go for it, but remember there is no support from Customer Services for issues for developers, only via the forum.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Malmo
Active

Post by Malmo »

Hi,

Thank you for your answers :).
So if I understand this correct, it means if I'm making a pattern which the big X is over the threshold and the small x is under like this:

xx-x-XXX-x-xx

The 2b will only play:
xx-x-----x-xx

Do I understand this correct?
If so it means I have to lower the top frequencies or the whole track if possible to achieve a pattern as intended?

Kind regards
Malmo