2b Software Update

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Mactwister
Active

2b Software Update

Post by Mactwister »

I've been hoping to apply the latest beta version of software to my 2b, but cant seem to locate the developers forum. Could someone point me in the right direction?

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2b Software Update

Post by admin »

Have you read

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8005

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
ecripe72

Post by ecripe72 »

Mactwister, I as a newbie have found this web to be confusing--just because I'm 79 shouldn't be an excuse .
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you are unsure as to how to perform a firmware install, then I would suggest (kindly!!) that the beta firmware update is not something you would want to attempt (yet!!). It is possible to render your 2B into a state where it fails to work, the beta version firmware does have bugs in it and unless you are confident on being able to replace the updated firmware with the current version then I would suggest holding off running any beta software.

Until we release a full version of the updated firmware our main customer support team are unable to help, as support for the beta firmware is only through this forum.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
ecripe72

Post by ecripe72 »

sorry to discover that available firmware is not advisable for me to download after already purchasing cable and memory stick--should I try to return these items ??
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Personally, I'd hang on to them because when the software is available - when it's been tested and debugged - it will make your box even better.

Plus, you can also use the cable to control the 2B from a computer, which opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ecripe72 wrote:sorry to discover that available firmware is not advisable for me to download after already purchasing cable and memory stick--should I try to return these items ??
As the digital Link Interface contains software it is non-returnable unless it is found to be faulty. The Latest firmware is available for download so you can upgrade from previous versions, and if you join the developers forum you can try the new beta versions, but as we have pointed out several times, beta versions of code do have many caveats.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
ecripe72

Post by ecripe72 »

regarding 2B upgrade; thanks for advice