Which firmware is the best

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
defiantdadeo

Which firmware is the best

Post by defiantdadeo »

New here, just got a 2b. Updated to 2.106, i noticed there are some beta firmwares on the usb key. Which one is the best? Are they stable?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Which firmware is the best

Post by Stimaddict »

I'd seriously recommend you stick with v2.106 for now. It's stable, it works and the stereo mapping is right. Until you really get to know 2.106 you have nothing to compare it to. No beta version can be considered completely stable, or it wouldn't be a 'beta', although they're all safe to try.
hedonist
Active

Post by hedonist »

what improvements are there in 2.106 over 2.105?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

From the website...

v2.106
"Commander is now automatically switched on and off when required

Improved Microphone mode, together with selectable Microphone sensitivity (selected via Microphone level to x1 x2 and x4.)
The microphone mode also now has a built in 'noise gate' so allowing you to set a value where ambilent sounds or noise gives no response.

Slightly smoother feel"

I'd say it's a much smoother feel in Stereo mode. In fact 2.106 is my favourite firmware version for playing audio stimfiles, better than any of the betas.
hedonist
Active

Post by hedonist »

Stimaddict wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:01 am From the website...

v2.106
"Commander is now automatically switched on and off when required

Improved Microphone mode, together with selectable Microphone sensitivity (selected via Microphone level to x1 x2 and x4.)
The microphone mode also now has a built in 'noise gate' so allowing you to set a value where ambilent sounds or noise gives no response.

Slightly smoother feel"

I'd say it's a much smoother feel in Stereo mode. In fact 2.106 is my favourite firmware version for playing audio stimfiles, better than any of the betas.
You say much smoother.... Just so I can relate that observation to my own experience, what is your preferred middle-dial setting with audio files, and more importantly, what is/was it on 2.105?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

hedonist wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:55 pmYou say much smoother.... Just so I can relate that observation to my own experience, what is your preferred middle-dial setting with audio files, and more importantly, what is/was it on 2.105?
My preferred Adjustment (middle-dial) setting is around 30. Haven't used 2.105 since the beginning of this year so it's hard to remember. However I do recall feeling smoother sensations in Stereo mode after installing 2.106. I've also used all the beta versions but still nothing seems to match 2.106 for audio stimfiles.
hedonist
Active

Post by hedonist »

Stimaddict wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:35 pm
hedonist wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:55 pmYou say much smoother.... Just so I can relate that observation to my own experience, what is your preferred middle-dial setting with audio files, and more importantly, what is/was it on 2.105?
My preferred Adjustment (middle-dial) setting is around 30. Haven't used 2.105 since the beginning of this year so it's hard to remember. However I do recall feeling smoother sensations in Stereo mode after installing 2.106. I've also used all the beta versions but still nothing seems to match 2.106 for audio stimfiles.
What I'm sort of getting at is this.
I have a perception, possibly wrongly, but that low middle dial values = smooth, and high middle dial values = not so smooth.
I currently like it on 75. So does this mean I'm someone who doesn't actually like smoothness, therefore I probably wouldn't appreciate a "smoother" firmware?
Or is it more complicated than that?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

hedonist wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:54 pmI have a perception, possibly wrongly, but that low middle dial values = smooth, and high middle dial values = not so smooth.
Yes, you're about right there. At least as far as we perceive them.

hedonist wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:54 pmI currently like it on 75. So does this mean I'm someone who doesn't actually like smoothness, therefore I probably wouldn't appreciate a "smoother" firmware?
The thing is we are all different so there are no rights or wrongs with this. What one person may perceive as harsh or too strong another will think, "Ooooh yeah!"

Also electrode placement plays a *big* part. If I place two trodes on my cock I can easily take anything the 2B throws out. But if I move the base trode behind my balls I am adding distance between the two trodes along with stimming my favourite Perineal nerves so it's a whole different ball game which requires a more gradual ramping up to max-power. With the latter trode placement if I started with the Adjustment at 75 I'd hit the ceiling, so personally I prefer to start with the Adjustment set very low while I acclimatize to the sensations, then later crank it up along with the power.
Last edited by Stimaddict on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBrahma
Active

Post by TheBrahma »

I would bet the newest one...
sparkboi
Active

Post by sparkboi »

2.111b is pretty sweet. Definitely the smoothest and most responsive of the beta's. 2.110b was a little 'glitchy' where I would feel slight spikes and bumps in the routines … not this one. Nicely done!