2B with power supply vs battery?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
estimfun
Developer

2B with power supply vs battery?

Post by estimfun »

Hey guys,
So sadly I never tried the 2b plugged in a power supply, only on battery. I know people have said it makes a big difference. Can anyone tell me what exactly is different? I found i could easily max out the 2b on a long stim session, same thing with the et-312B, left wanting more. Is it really a huge power output difference?

estim_si
Staff

Re: 2B with power supply vs battery?

Post by estim_si »

About 30% increase

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

The difference is really noticeable. As Si says, you get about a third more power, which doesn't sound much, but you can really feel it. When using the 2B on battery, especially if using large contact area electrodes like an anal insertable, I find that turning up the power on one channel beyond a certain point actually seems to reduce the power on the other channel. That doesn't happen with the power adaptor.
Really, unless you want to use the 2B on the move, you should consider mains power as the default power supply.
birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy »

When using with insertables I'd almost never use the 2b without the power adapter. Also I noticed the display and buttons become more responsive when it's plugged in too.
Unofficial Python API for the E-Stim 2B: https://github.com/fredhatt/estim2bapi
Generating sounds in Python: https://github.com/fredhatt/estimsoundsynth
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

For insertable electrodes such as the Black Collection, I always use the power supply as I need the extra oompff (is that a word) that it delivers. If using just pads I tend to stick with the battery for simplicity. It is a very noticeable change when using the mains power supply though.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
gman
Active

Post by gman »

Basically turn up both channels high and it fights to get the power from your battery, which is limited. So for example, turn on continuous both to 30%, A and B, and you'll feel less than perhaps one channel on 0% and the other on 30%. With the mains, we're drawing two channels at the original intended power as far as I can tell, with no limit to time or resource (+30% of battery when using a single channel I'd say). I only noticed this on the audio files provided by Stimaddict... When I used them with the battery, when both right and left stereo audio brought the power up, I noticed it less intense than when one channel was brought up on its own. I plugged in and both felt like the battery did when focusing the one channel.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

gman wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:12 pmI only noticed this on the audio files provided by Stimaddict... When I used them with the battery, when both right and left stereo audio brought the power up, I noticed it less intense than when one channel was brought up on its own. I plugged in and both felt like the battery did when focusing the one channel.
Over Christmas we had two sets of pretty lights on our tree - one battery powered and one with a mains adapter. The mains-powered ones remained constantly bright throughout, whereas the battery lights gradually dimmed until we replaced the batteries.

In the same way the sensations produced by a 9v battery will become less dependable as it depletes, whereas the 2B mains adapter ensures a constant, stable power input (as well as a potential 30% power boost). That's why I'd consider it an essential accessory.

Another consideration, I can max-out my 12v battery-powered Erostek ET312 fairly easily but struggle to do so with the 2B on mains power. Also, when using audio stimfiles, towards the end of a long session the ET312 'feels' as if it is losing definition of the sensations experienced, whereas the 2B stays accurate right through to the end.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

If you are using a battery, which is sometimes necessary for convenience, you should try a Lithium PP3, as they have a flatter discharge curve. That means that they maintain a more stable level for longer, and then tend to drop off suddenly.

This graph is from DRKFS.net; although it's for AA, the results will be similar for a PP3. Yes, they cost a lot more (cheapest is about a fiver for the GP Lithium PP3), but probably worth it.
drycellevaluation01aaweb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Like2showoff
Active

Post by Like2showoff »

There is HUGE difference. My first 2b came without the electric plug in on the box. I guess it missed quality control. But after sending it back and plugging it into the wall made HUGE difference. There is very power from a 9v battery. Also remember you can turn the power to high in the settings ....that's when is really start to leak.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Yea, it makes a big difference and with the original adapter it is safe, too
- I can not really add anything to what the others already wrote.