Best loop electrode for gentle feeling -conductive rubber or band loops?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
hjs
Active

Best loop electrode for gentle feeling -conductive rubber or band loops?

Post by hjs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Hello!

I have used 4mm conductive rubber (CR) cock loops and in general I find he stimulation sometimes a bit 'sharp', probably due to a too small contact surface. So I also tried to wrap it around two times. That seems to work ok (at the base). I was wondering what these (typically light blue) band loop electrodes feel like compared to CR. The band loops need to be moisturized, right? (Using saline?) (I also thought about thicker CR but I think 6mm is maybe difficult to position under the glans.)
Thanks for your experiences! ;)

Sheldie
Active

Re: Best loop electrode for gentle feeling -conductive rubber or band loops?

Post by Sheldie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Hello!

4 mm diameter CR loops should feel somehow more pleasant than 2 mm diameter ones because of their greater contact area. If you still feel the stimulation still too sharp, I suggest to use a little bit of water based lubricant to moisten the skin. This will increases the conductivity, potentially decreasing sharp sensations. If even the lubricant doesn't do the trick, try changing setting/waveform/intensity/feeling on your powerbox.

Personally, I use 4 mm good quality loops both on base and under the glans with a little bit of lubricant and find them pleasurable.

Blue bands are usually considered sort of inferior to the CR loops. This is especially true if they are dry. If you wet them with a little bit of water (saline solutions are not needed) they will feel much better. Still, I think that loops are superior, in my experience.
Be careful that there are blue bands with an internal resistor which will decrease the effectiveness of estim. Usually these bands are sold as wrist loops to prevent ESD (ie used when operating with sensitive electronical devices).

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:05 pm

For a smooth sensation CR cock loops should always be used with a proper conductive gel, and make sure they are tight so they make better contact with your skin. Otherwise they can sometimes sting a bit. Same goes for all external trodes except pads. TENS pads should be applied to clean, dry skin and never used with any lube or gel.

You can add a pinch of baking soda (NOT baking powder) to a small amount of water-based lube to make it conductive but chuck it out afterwards because it doesn't keep more than a couple of days.

hjs
Active

Post by hjs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks for your replies! OK so the blue bands are nothing one needs o try, understood ;)
Now as you say it, they look a lot like ESD wrist bands :D

And to improve conductivity of a lubricant you would suggest soda instead of salt (that would have been my first guess)?

Have a nice weekend!

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:57 pm

hjs wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:13 pm
And to improve conductivity of a lubricant you would suggest soda instead of salt (that would have been my first guess)?
Yep, with water-based lubes. Water does not conduct electricity very well because it contains very few ions. When salt (sodium chloride) is added it conducts better because the solution now contains more sodium ions. Trouble is salt doesn't dissolve well without boiling. However baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) dissolves easily and is fully ionized in water, creating an environment of mobile positively (sodium ions) and negatively (bicarbonate) charged ions which can readily carry charge from from the electrode to your skin, then on to the second trode.

Don't use any lubes containing silicon as they will destroy Conductive Rubber. Check the ingredients before buying.

The best bet is always to use a proper conductive gel for external trodes (except pads). It's not cheap but it's formulated for the intended purpose and a small tube will last you ages. For anal insertables a water-based lube is fine on its own, because your internal anatomy ensures good contact.

estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 pm

I would recommend loops, too. They are versatile and they adapt to your anatomy much better.

Have a look here for my comparison of some loops 2mm and 4mm viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9763&p=14648 I have only 4mm loops from E-Stim Systems but if you compare the diameter of the two 2mm loops you may imagine that they produce different feelings due to the smaller or larger surface contact. I believe you also find different diameters with 4mm loops.

Presumably this explains - among many other things - the different descriptions about smoothness or sharp sensations.

StimJoy
Active

Post by StimJoy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:47 pm

I've actually had good success with the "blue bands", and yeah, they're glorified ESD wrist-straps. With these, I would soak them in warm-hot water for 5 minutes before use, so that the band and everything is fully saturated. While they only have the square metal contact area, I found with the right waveform and strength, they were quite sublime. Granted the sensation is just focused on that one area, but I've used to great success on my glans underside, as well as fully around my cock base, under my balls. Again, lots of lube and practice with the right signal.

You do need to make sure you wash and *dry* these completely before any storage; residual moisture on the ones I've had could quickly lead to rust.

That said, I've moved onto 4mm CR loops. I actually use PES products now, including the coronal stimulator and a deep throat urethral sound. Both wrap around your cockhead glans. The coronal stimulator wraps an additional CR up over your cockhead and you can also get one with a short urethral (2 inches perhaps) insert; this is a monopole and pretty much focuses everything all over your glans and cockhead. The deep throat goes down much deeper and is for when you're ready for the next stage of things. Just had an incredible session last night with both of those, and my cock is still buzzing and throbbing today.

So yeah, the CR loops are probably your best bet to aim for, but you may have some good luck with the bands too. More tools in the toolbox...

SJ

estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:32 pm

I hate the light blue band loops with the metal snaps....

Tried to make them work over and over again and I just had a sharp burning stinging feeling where ever the metal was. Yes they were wet and I tried using various salty solutions to help it. I couldn't get them to work.

Conductive rubber 100% is the only way for me to go. With that said I have a requirement for taking a shower before a stim session. I need to have that moisture in my skin or its a bad time. Shower + conductive loops = amazing.

My first stim session ever was with an ET-312B and the blue cloth loops, it was a complete failure, luckily I didn't give up and ended up buying some sticky electro pads and then moved onto conductive loops later. I almost didn't even give estim a chance because the cloth loops burned so much at the metal parts, I was like did I just pay $$$$ for nothing...

It just went downhill from there, 4 powerboxes later a suitcase full of electrodes I haven't found anything that's better than estim.

joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:19 pm

My partner loves using the 4mm conductive rubber cock loops from E-stim Systems. He has tried 2mm ones but found the sensations just too sharp. The 4mm ones with lots of electrogel feel great. They are very versatile as far as positioning is concerned.

Top Tip: Conductive rubber ages over time due to stretching and bending in use and its conductivity reduces over time. Once you know the correct size for your anatomy, get some copper wire and insert it inside the conductive rubber. It makes it much more rigid and you can shape it but the biggest benefit is the sensations don't diminish along its length, you get full stimulation all the way around it and it is a great way to breath some new life into old cock rings.
Just a woman in her 40's who likes sticking things in her pussy and telling the world all about it on my site. I'm quite normal I think LOL. :?

electrofun
Active

Post by electrofun » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:24 am

My experience: not all band loops are the same. Those from e-stim work pretty good when wet. But I have another set where the band hardly conducts, so essentially only the metal part makes contact. That doesn't feel good at all: the contact area is to small. My general rule: the larger the contact area, the better it feels.

So, I mostly use cr loops. I prefer the medium sized (5mm outside diameter) Rodeo Robin from mystim. I usually loop it twice around the top of the penis, and also twice around the balls. Always with a little conductive gel.