Developer access

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
estimbird
Active Developer

Re: Developer access

Post by estimbird »

mummiob wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:01 am I had dev access, because I write my own control software. Now I wanted to see if there is something new the access is closed. Decision to get a 2nd unit for testing and development canceled.
I would have been happy if you had written something about your software in the beta section. That way we can all benefit from good ideas.

mummiob
Active

Post by mummiob »

Deleted
Last edited by mummiob on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am puzzled as to why you appear to expect us to visit another forum, which requires paid for adult verification and additional payment to both register and then read whatever message you have posted. If you posted the original on the other site, why not post it on this forum so we can all read it ? Even better if you PM admin then you can have access to the developers section and discuss your thoughts with other like minded individuals.

I feel you might not understand the essence of our user support forum. One of the benefits of this forum, and the developers section is we all benefit from each others comments and experiences in a free and professional environment.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
KennyT
Active

Post by KennyT »

chokablepuppy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:10 pm That may be because new firmware updates are gated behind the developer's forum, maybe it'd be a good idea to just put them in an update section available to anyone looking?
The completely defeats the purpose of have a developers forum.

Why would they do that???
KennyT
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

admin wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:24 pm ...
One of the benefits of this forum, and the developers section is we all benefit from each others comments and experiences in a free and professional environment.

Si
That's what I especially like about this forum. You can really discuss in a very constructive manner here, especially in the developer area.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

mummiob wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:02 pm @estimbird

When you have Access to kinkship.net (german), there is a post

WARNING THIS LINK IS OFF SITE and REQUIRES PAID FOR ADULT VERIFICATION TO ACCESS - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
www.kinkship.net/de/content/3TZFvBkc8H16LdSXTTCfU1
Thank you for your link mummiob.

I'd like to ask you to write us a little bit about your software here, if possible - or maybe in the developer section (just PM admin and ask for access, it's really easy). I don't see any reason to subscribe to another forum for a fee without even knowing what the posting is about.
paulfw
Active

Post by paulfw »

Just out of curiosity, are active members/developers also involved in developing potential new firmware? The serial interface gives a lot of control but of course you can only go so far. I could understand if the firmware is closed source though, even from a safety perspective.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No.

Firmware due to its highly confidential and commercially sensitive nature is developed in house. Members of the developers forum have access to the latest firmware builds, but actual code is locked down.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
richrich
Active

Post by richrich »

Saturn2001 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:41 am I posted a few times, as well as a lengthy review. I also requested access, but have not been granted it yet. I’m not trying to join the developer section just to download betas. I’m very happy with 2.106 and very famiar with estim and the functions and limitations of this device. This is the best USD $400 I’ve spent in years. I am simply hungry for information and have technical questions specific to the 2b that only the designers could comprehend. I figure those questions may be easier addressed in there.

...Then again I’ve never seen the developer’s forum so not quite sure what information to expect.

When you load the beta firmware on the device can you downgrade again to the earlier not beta release ?
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk