Serries 2 software upgrade

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
thunderbird54321
Active

Serries 2 software upgrade

Post by thunderbird54321 »

Not sure if this is the right place but the series 2 board says archived.
I have just back into stimming and was reading the series 2 board and noticed that it mentioned there was a software upgrade but the link did not lead anywhere. Does anyone know how I can get hold of it.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Serries 2 software upgrade

Post by admin »

The Series 2 never has a user upgrade option, it was a return to workshop upgrade, and since its now been discontinued for a number of years, its not something we still do.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
thunderbird54321
Active

Thanks for the quick reply. I wondered how it would be done as there are no obvious ports.
thunderbird54321
Active

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

thunderbird54321> Get yourself a 2B, you won't regret it. It's light years ahead of the old Series 2 and with the Data Link cable you can change the firmware anytime you like.
thunderbird54321
Active

@stimaddict. I wondered if a comment like that may come up and its in my mind but I want to try and get back into stimming to start with and see where to go from there. It may be a difficult question to answer but how is it better. probably a subjective question but maybe i will understand better when i start checking forums etc
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

thunderbird54321 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:54 pmIt may be a difficult question to answer but how is it better.
Upgradeable firmware, USB connectivity, better inbuilt modes and more of them, better stereo processing, better adjustment, better sensations with a delightfully smoother feel. Optional double-insulated PSU saves a fortune on batteries.

Above all the 2B puts out a lot more *POWER* than the Series 2, and shitloads of it even using batteries. Plug in the mains adapter and you get an instant 30% extra power boost - enough to blow your socks off and cover the ceiling in jizz :o

You can think of the 2B as a kind of "hotrodded" Series 2 although internally the electronics are completely different. Faster processor, more memory and new hardware driving the USB/Serial link for PC control and remote Internet stimming using any browser.

It's all the box you will ever need. Go on, you know you want one... :D