2B Wave mode on different powersettings

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Atlas

Re: 2B Wave mode on different powersettings

Post by Atlas »

Hi Tobjac,
Tobjac wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:36 am when channel A drops, channel B gets a lot stronger in like under a second and then does its wave further because the battery can't handle both channels at the same time :D
I think I might have the solution to your problem. What you describe happens when you link both Channel A & B to the same electrode. When you do that, channel A & B cancel out (on that electrode) ... which means that if you lower A, B gets more intense (until A is at 0).

It's one of the first things I've learned (pain is a good way to memorize ^^)

Hope it will help you.

Tobjac
Active

Post by Tobjac »

I don’t quite understand what you mean 🙈 since I’m using pads at the moment I can’t link both channels to one electrode.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

I believe Atlas talks about a setup which isnt possible with pads-only without some y-adapter.

For example, with a loop and 2 pads, you can have a configuration where the black connector of channel A and channel B is attached to the same loop (simply because the loop has two ends / connectors) and the red/yellow connector of A to one pad and the red connector of B to another pad. This is a kind of three-phase setup.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Another thought: In a setup that uses both channels, feelings often interfere and overlap. Therefore it can easily be that you hardly notice channel B, because channel A produces a strong stimulation. When channel A goes to zero, you feel quite suddenly and intensively channel B - much more than before.
electrofun
Active

Post by electrofun »

Tobjac wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:36 am using it with battery feels somewhat weird since when channel a drops channel b gets a lot stronger in like under a second and then does its wave further because the battery can't handle both channels at the same time :D
Yes, the 2B does that. Especially at relatively high level, and more so as the battery gets drained.
This gets a bit technical: the 2B's output power is very dependent on the power supply voltage, and the voltage of the battery drops more as it gets drained, and as it gets loaded. So turning down 1 output will reduce the load and the battery voltage can rise; so the power on the other output will increase.

Best simple solution: use the external power supply.

The ElectroPebble doesn't do this; it's output power is much more independent from the battery voltage.

Since I often use my toys were it's difficult to have a power socket nearby, I made a custom 'power station' with a rechargeable battery, medical grade floating DC/DC convertors, and a local stabilizer (12V for the 2B, 9V for the ElectroPebble and Series 1) in the unit itself. Works great, and gives the 2B the same power as using the external psu.
Tobjac
Active

Post by Tobjac »

electrofun wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:51 pm
Tobjac wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:36 am using it with battery feels somewhat weird since when channel a drops channel b gets a lot stronger in like under a second and then does its wave further because the battery can't handle both channels at the same time :D
Yes, the 2B does that. Especially at relatively high level, and more so as the battery gets drained.
This gets a bit technical: the 2B's output power is very dependent on the power supply voltage, and the voltage of the battery drops more as it gets drained, and as it gets loaded. So turning down 1 output will reduce the load and the battery voltage can rise; so the power on the other output will increase.

Best simple solution: use the external power supply.

The ElectroPebble doesn't do this; it's output power is much more independent from the battery voltage.

Since I often use my toys were it's difficult to have a power socket nearby, I made a custom 'power station' with a rechargeable battery, medical grade floating DC/DC convertors, and a local stabilizer (12V for the 2B, 9V for the ElectroPebble and Series 1) in the unit itself. Works great, and gives the 2B the same power as using the external psu.
Yes since I’ve now got my power supply it’s much better now.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Hi Tobjac.

I'm pleased you got the power supply. My feeling is that the 2B should always be used with the power adaptor unless there is a particular reason for using it on batteries only (e.g. if you want to stim outdoors).