12V without a power supply, voltage range?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
lc1
Active

12V without a power supply, voltage range?

Post by lc1 »

I would like to get full output from the 2B without the use of the mains adapter. It's just too weak with the 9V, but not portable enough with the adapter.
Thought about using a small AGM battery, e.g. one for a motorcycle. But as with any battery, the voltage is not constant, starting at above 12V with a full battery and dropping down to 11 or less when almost empty.

My question is if such a setup would work, and what the safe voltage range on the external power socket is.

bgguy
Active

Re: 12V without a power supply, voltage range?

Post by bgguy »

That's interesting. I was thinking this as well.
The ET323 has a huge battery in it which is why you can use it for 24 hours just on battery.

Wonder if I could buy one of those emergency light 12V batteries and then just hook it up directly to the 12V input port on the 2B.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

bgguy wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 am The ET323 has a huge battery in it which is why you can use it for 24 hours just on battery.
Erostek claim "up to" 24 hours for their ET312 but in reality it's only a small 1.3Ah SLA battery that gives around 6 hours use.
bgguy wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 am Wonder if I could buy one of those emergency light 12V batteries and then just hook it up directly to the 12V input port on the 2B.
I use a 12v powerbank when I need portability - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273515364289
Also bought a cigar lighter adapter to use with it - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174017938835

It's smaller than a paperback book, lightweight and has a large 83Ah capacity. I find that it's good for at least 40 hours of maxed-out Hi-Power for a power junkie like me. I have experienced no voltage drops with this setup.
HemiSync
Active

Post by HemiSync »

Stimaddict wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:53 am I have experienced no voltage drops with this setup.
Good info to know. I’ve been looking at going portable with my 2B.
lc1
Active

Post by lc1 »

I would expect the internal battery of that device to have a voltage drop like any other. It might not be noticeable if you didn't measure it.. after all, the voltage of the internal 9V is not constant either.
Anyway, thanks for the info, I will do a bit of testing.
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

Thanks for this topic, I was wondering if I could do a 12v battery (barrel plug) and the 2b for portability on max power.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

estimfun wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:14 pm I was wondering if I could do a 12v battery (barrel plug) and the 2b for portability on max power.
Yes, in terms of sensation it's indistinguishable from using mains power at the same intensity settings. You must have a long enough jack plug.
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

So I noticed at higher power levels on both channels, the 2b would start to fade on one channel , and then suddenly come back, sometimes both at the same time, I imagine this is fixed when you're using 12v?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

estimfun wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:45 pm So I noticed at higher power levels on both channels, the 2b would start to fade on one channel , and then suddenly come back, sometimes both at the same time
Do you mean when running on a 9v battery?
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

Yea, on the 9v it would do that.