Elastic Bands vs Rubber Loops

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
ropedupbud
Active

Elastic Bands vs Rubber Loops

Post by ropedupbud »

I have seen a few posts where some guys are having trouble with rubber conductive loops...I tried those when I first started using e-stim but they did not feel good to me. I would get random "stinging" sensations that made enjoying the e-stim rather difficult for me...the stinging sensations were distracting.

I then got a pair of the conductive adjustable elastic bands..... It really made all the difference in the world for me.

The elastic bands/straps are soft and make more contact with skin since they are much wider and lay flat against the skin they come in contact with. Just remember to wet them with water before you wear them.

For many guys the rubber loops work really well...but for other guys the elastic bands may be what they need to get the most out of the e-stim experience.

Since I got the bands I have never gone back to the loops.

estimfun
Developer

Re: Elastic Bands vs Rubber Loops

Post by estimfun »

Interesting I had the opposite experience. When I first got into estim i had the elastic bands that look like those wrist bands that you ground your self with when working with electronics. Tried salt water as recommended, the metal part was a hot spot everytime and just felt like it was biting me. Bought the conductive rubber and it was smooth sailing, as long as I take a shower beforehand. I can't stress enough a shower or a bath before a stim session in a requirement or else I always get that stining sensationto the point where its not fun. Not only that the elastic bands rusted.
ropedupbud
Active

Re: Elastic Bands vs Rubber Loops

Post by ropedupbud »

Yes, everyone is different and it is a good thing that there are some options for sure.

I have never used salt water to wet the bands, I just use warm tap water and they work just fine.