2b adjust drift

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Deltus1
Active Developer

Re: 2b adjust drift

Post by Deltus1 »

Stimaddict wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:27 pm
It doesn't work that way because in Stereo mode the current delivered at your electrodes is a 'balance' between audio input volume and your 2B's power setting. Imagine driving your car up a steep hill when you need more power. You could change gear or slightly press the clutch pedal, but either way the end result will be the same in terms of power. Or think of a set of old fashioned weighing scales. You cannot remove weights from one side without destroying the balance.

The *optimum* audio input volume is when the audio bars in the 2B's LCD are moving to just over 3/4 of the way across (IMHO). If you lower the audio volume to (e.g.) 50% you must then turn up the 2B's power/intensity knobs to deliver the same power output to your electrodes.
Thanks for the quick answer!

That's why I wrote:
since I can increase the intensity on the 2B to such an extent that it is sufficient in any case?
But if I understand you correctly, it seems to be that with weaker input from the audio player also waves / subtleties of the audio file are missing?

Deltus

Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: 2b adjust drift

Post by Stimaddict »

Deltus1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:36 pm But if I understand you correctly, it seems to be that with weaker input from the audio player also waves / subtleties of the audio file are missing?
It's ok to lower the audio input volume if you want. But if you increase the volume too high that will cause distortion of the stimfile, i.e. it will not feel as good.

=================================================================
Just a reminder that anyone here is welcome to PM me for a download link to hundreds of free, shared mp3 stimfiles organized by author - some up to 4 hours long!
I cannot post the link here out of respect for this forum's Admin and the complicated copyright issues it could involve them in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unlimited access to the Stimfile Archive with No fees, No registration required, No ads, No catches, No expiry date and No hidden motives.