Loops causing burns/blisters

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Bigchilli
Active

Loops causing burns/blisters

Post by Bigchilli » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:55 am

Hey folks
New to stimmimg,been using a high powered tens machine with success but just switched to an electro helix(not that impressed so far)
I stimmed for 90 mins to HFO on Thursday
Then tried out my new helix for a couple of hours on the Friday(no joy :( )
The helix caused burns/blistering around base of penis but especially below the glands(almost bleeding)

I had been using 4mm loops but swtched up to part insulated 6.5mm loops
I also switched from using KY to proper electro gel

Anyone any ideas what I done wrong?
The helix felt pretty under powered to me anyway,couldn't even feel it til the power was near halfway up

admin
Site Admin

Re: Loops causing burns/blisters

Post by admin » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:13 pm

Possibly low amounts of lube, small contact area?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:46 am

Hi BC
For suggestions to avoid burns see this thread - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10473

Your Helix should be a big improvement over a TENS. It's always difficult getting used to a new box so keep experimenting and give it a chance. If you HFO'd on Thursday maybe Friday was too soon to repeat the experience. I'd recommend leaving 2-3 days (or perhaps longer) between stim sessions to give your sexual nerves and genitals a chance to recover. It makes the sensations feel much stronger, better and more satisfying.

Bigchilli
Active

Post by Bigchilli » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 am

Thanks for the advice guys
Will give it a rest for a week then try the helix again

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:40 pm

Ultimately you should be thinking about getting a 2B. Beg, borrow or steal the money. Trust me, this thing will transform your stim life. It's one of the two purchases in my entire life that actually exceeded my expectations. The other was a Bullworker that gave me a set of muscles Arnie would be proud of ;)

Bigchilli
Active

Post by Bigchilli » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Stimaddict wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:40 pm
Ultimately you should be thinking about getting a 2B. Beg, borrow or steal the money. Trust me, this thing will transform your stim life. It's one of the two purchases in my entire life that actually exceeded my expectations. The other was a Bullworker that gave me a set of muscles Arnie would be proud of ;)
Yeah I can get one easy enough
I did contemplate getting one but honestly thought the helix would do the job(it hasn't so far)
The thought of spending £400 on something and being disappointed kinda puts me off

I will admit that I keep fantasizing about a 2b and moaner on thrust mode ;)

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 am

Bigchilli wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:43 pm
The thought of spending £400 on something and being disappointed kinda puts me off
I reckon everyone thinks that before splashing out but to me it's the best money I've ever spent, it really is that good. Personally I wasted more on unsatisfactory equipment than I eventually spent on my 2B. E-Stim Systems usually have a Christmas Sale in December with big discounts. Not sure what their plans are this year but worth looking out for.

demuc1973
Active Developer

Post by demuc1973 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:23 pm

Important: first let it heal properly - human skin has the most relevant electrical resistance - injured areas often have too little resistance, which can lead to extensive damage to the tissue underneath if you start again too early!
:!: I am fully agree with Stimaddict: 2B is the best investment I have ever made in electrical stimulation!!!
"I am happy when it rains, because when I am not happy, it also rains." Quote from Karl Valentin - a Munich original and humorist

joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:50 am

I totally agree with all above, the 2B is a game-changer and a powerhouse.

To re-iterate on what demuc1973 said, please give your skin time to recover, a burn is a burn whether it is electrical or not and you should never stim over damaged skin.

The 6.5mm loops you are using are way better than the 4mm ones simply due to their larger surface area. One common problem with poor quality or old conductive rubber loops is that over time they lose their conductivity and so instead of the current flowing through it evenly it gets focussed near where the plug goes into it. That can cause hot-spots and burns as all of the energy is focussed on a smaller area. I strongly recommend threading some solid copper wire through your loops as that can really help with evening out the sensation from them. Also, don't skimp on the electrogel, it also helps prevent hot spots and create a better electrical contact.

Take things slow and easy and I hope you manage to sort out whatever the problem is and really enjoy some of the amazing sensations that e-stim can generate.
Just a woman in her 40's who likes sticking things in her pussy and telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal I think LOL. :?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:19 pm

demuc1973 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:23 pm
:!: I am fully agree with Stimaddict: 2B is the best investment I have ever made in electrical stimulation!!!
Except for your sexy women's sports top. I want one! ;)