audio output on macbook

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Ronfire7
Active Developer

audio output on macbook

Post by Ronfire7 »

I see that Macbook can output audio on a usb port.
I was wondering if that works better than a headphone plug?

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: audio output on macbook

Post by mrbutt89 »

I have no experience of Macbook, but only yesterday I was reading about a problem with audio output via USB on some devices, where an adaptor is used to connect to the audio input on a 2B (or similar) and is not recognised as a valid device by the USB device. It might be worth a try, but if you have a headphone output from the audio device, my feeling is you might as well stick with that.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I generally use the headphone output.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
SteveBlue
Active

Post by SteveBlue »

also have issues on my imac with the headphone output, often the 2b is not recognized and it does not switch to headphone output on my imac. did anyone find a good and not too expensive usb audio solution that works well?
rubber, e-stim, masks and beeing controlled - the perfect combination
merry
Active

Post by merry »

Hi,
I've occasionally had this issue on my Mac, usually it recognises my 312/2B but sometimes inexplicably? it just doesn't and I have to go into the Mac's system preferences and select headphones/headphone port manually from there and then it will work.

So! try going into 'system preferences' from the apple icon in the top left corner of a Mac's screen, then 'sound' on the third row down in system preferences, then 'select a device for sound output' and click 'headphones/headphone port'.
"You'll understand when you cum my way" - 'Demons' Fatboy Slim Ft Macy Gray
"I know what it means to work hardon machines" - 'You Take Me Up' Thompson Twins