power reduction while increasing pulse rate

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
user left

Re: power reduction while increasing pulse rate

Post by user left »

Davespages wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:08 pm As well as the digital link cable the accessory pack gives you a USB stick with the needed software to flash the units firmware and for remote connections.

ESS are quite protective over the software... so treasure it when it arrives.

Always run on mains power when you can... 9v batteries in a 2b on dual channel do not last long. Mains gives you that 30% boost compared to a fully charged 9v battery.

On firmware 2.122b I can't say I've noticed a difference woth the pulse rate/power but then I always tend to opt for slower, sharper pulses so unless I'm going for multiple O's a higher pulse rate just makes the session too short 🤣
I haven't upgraded my 2B yet, but I already read that the pulse rate is still the same. As electro stimming is a very personal thing and experience, what is good for one person is just a little bit too less for the other ;) For me it would be better if I just could turn up the pulse rate a little bit more. Your sessions will be too short but if I cannot turn up the pulse rate more mine will last far too long! :D :D :D

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

mbatenberg wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:42 pm It is a pity that you first have to buy another cable or accessory pack, which is quit expensive, just to be able to upgrade the firmware. My opinion is that such a cable should be included with the 2B power box.
It's not just the Digital Link cable you are buying. You are paying for all the software and continuous upgrades, backup and support, along with other stuff like their E-Stim Connect service. What's more it all works first time, every time.

By contrast I paid £80 UKP for the Erostek ET312 cable and software then had to spend another £15 on a specific USB adapter - and it's a *complete* pile of shit. It's from the age of the dinosaurs, at least 20 years out of date. The only way to get it to work is to use a Windows XP emulator, and even then it doesn't actually do much.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

mbatenberg wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:26 pm

I haven't upgraded my 2B yet, but I already read that the pulse rate is still the same. As electro stimming is a very personal thing and experience, what is good for one person is just a little bit too less for the other ;) For me it would be better if I just could turn up the pulse rate a little bit more. Your sessions will be too short but if I cannot turn up the pulse rate more mine will last far too long! :D :D :D
Not sure where you read that. All the modes have extended ranges and the new firmware also has a time warp setting to the pulse ranges can be extended massively. You also have multiple output maps and dynamic mapping which will give a greater change in feel depending on the levels set.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
user left

Post by user left »

admin wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:16 am
mbatenberg wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:26 pm

Not sure where you read that. All the modes have extended ranges and the new firmware also has a time warp setting to the pulse ranges can be extended massively. You also have multiple output maps and dynamic mapping which will give a greater change in feel depending on the levels set.

Si
I read it in the manual of the 2b22 firmware:
https://e-stim.info/manuals/2b22/modes/pulse-mode
It says "The Pulse Rate is from around 1 second to 0.02 seconds with Time Warp set to x1, increasing to around 35 seconds to 0.5 seconds with Time Warp set to x32". So, if I am correct, 0.02 seconds translates to 50Hz and Time Warp does not make things faster. Its is not that I don't like the current pulse rate mode, but for me it could be improved and made more versatile if I could turn the pulse rate up to for example 100Hz instead of 50Hz. Maybe it is technical not possible? If so, no problem. There are of course lots of other modes to choose from. It is just that I like normal pulse mode very much.