Question about the audio inputs on the ET312B power box

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
ElectraLover
Active

Question about the audio inputs on the ET312B power box

Post by ElectraLover »

I understand that the Erostek ET312B power box has 3 audio input modes. Audio one is for a microphone, Audio 2 is a stereo input mode, and Audio 3 is also a stereo input mode.

The manual leads one to believe that the audio 2 input mode is mainly for regular music, and that the audio 3 input mode is optimized for use with computer-generated wave files.

So if I use Audacity or Goldwave or something else to create computerized music, then I should use the audio 3 input mode.
And if I want to input regular music like songs and so forth, then I use the audio 2 input mode.

Is this correct? The manual makes it sound like you will get completely different feelings from a song depending on which audio input mode you use.
And you will also get completely different feelings from computerized music depending on which audio input mode you use.

I'm just checking to see if anyone has any thoughts on this.
I am really lucky because I was just gifted an ET312B, and I can't wait to start playing with it!
So if anyone has any thoughts please feel free to chime in.

Thank you!

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: Question about the audio inputs on the ET312B power box

Post by mrbutt89 »

You're right about the different Audio modes on the ET-312B. 2 is meant for music, 3 for specially created electronic sound files, like the majority of e-stim audio files to be found on the internet.
I've only really played with Audio3, as I tend only to use the specially created session files.
However, there's no reason why you shouldn't try the different modes on a particular audio track and see how they compare.
Part of the joy of electrosex is exploration, so experiment and play and you'll get some really good surprises along the way.
sparkz4
Active

Post by sparkz4 »

I agree with mrbutt89, there's no reason why you should not try your tracks with all three audio modes, electrically i don't think there is any difference on the the sound inputs, but I think its more to do with the rise and fall times of the output stim in relation to sound input, I have always found Audio 1 to feel a bit more "spikey" if you like that sort of thing.
Hastur
Active

Post by Hastur »

If I remember correctly, audio3 use a special circuit of the ET312, and, as specified in the manual, is optimized for tri-phase. That being said, as the other posters said, try and experiment. By the way, it's a really nice gift you got there, as the ET312 reaches high prices on the second-hand market, you really are lucky !