2B died AGAIN

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Ronfire7
Active Developer

2B died AGAIN

Post by Ronfire7 »

Well I give up on my 2B. This is the 4th time it has died and will cost me $60 again to ship it back. I only used it 2 or 3 times since I last got it back. It gave me a few un programmed jolts and then B channel quit. Smells like burnt components inside. I was running it with the supplied power supply and the Moaner on B channel. I know it has lifetime warranty but I will not bother as it it to costly to ship back and then have it fail yet again when I go to use it. Might open it to see what happened this time.
I know it is not the cables as I then switched to the Pebble that I mostly use as it is less complicated and works all the time.

estim_si
Staff

Re: 2B died AGAIN

Post by estim_si »

Ronfire7 wrote:Well I give up on my 2B. This is the 4th time it has died and will cost me $60 again to ship it back. I only used it 2 or 3 times since I last got it back. It gave me a few un programmed jolts and then B channel quit. Smells like burnt components inside. I was running it with the supplied power supply and the Moaner on B channel. I know it has lifetime warranty but I will not bother as it it to costly to ship back and then have it fail yet again when I go to use it. Might open it to see what happened this time.
I know it is not the cables as I then switched to the Pebble that I mostly use as it is less complicated and works all the time.
It sounds like you managed to blow a channel. I’m very surprised it has failed 4 times with the same issue, especially as we have 2B units that have been running heavy tests for months without issues.

I’d say give us a ping and we will investigate further, the lifetime guarantee does cover replacements if needed, and it is unusual to have a user with a unit that had failed so many times. Sadly we don’t have any control over the cost of shipping, and if you open the unit then any guarantee is null and void.

If you have had 4 previous issues then drop the support team an email and I will ask them to sort out the shipping for free, I’d rather be able to investigate a faulty unit and solve the issues than leave you in the lurch.

(Mention this conversation if you email the support team)

Hope that helps

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

I sent EStim an email with the original post and have not heard back, sent it to info@e-stim.co.uk on Oct. 10 .
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

Looked at the 2B again and found it is the B channel that has died.
Just sent a reply to Kay that said I can send it in again on warranty, also sent an email " attention Mick" and a link to this tread.
Not sure if I want to spend the cost of shipping again as I have hardly used it since the last repair, it has been sent in 2 times in less than 2 years and has died again.
So far I have been disappointed with the 2B, I will continue using my Pebble as it has worked well with no surprises or sudden power spikes..
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posting to individual members of staff is pointless, as all the CS team are equally capable and are able to deal with issues, and issues are discussed within the team so everyone understands and agrees what is going on. For once a benefit of being a small company.

Emails are generally faster to get a response in UK business hours, but there are always delays in relation to responding when people are on holiday etc. We generally aim for 24-48 hours response time. The CS team don't live on the forum, which is why emails work better and it allows us to maintain a reliable trail if there are issues.

We have made an offer to repair your unit, despite the fact that your recollection of the number of times it has been repaired does not appear to match ours, nor our records. That offer still stands if you wish to take us up on it, as I have said before it is unusual for someone to have multiple issues with a unit and we would like to investigate what has happened, but it is impossible without the unit to hand.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd