Which audio/video player(s) for Stim Files

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
hotluck
Active

Which audio/video player(s) for Stim Files

Post by hotluck »

I've searched around on our site and am confused. I'm using a PC for audio output but 1. low volume 2. Don't think I'm getting the full Hz range in the files. Then, throw in Video and I'm stumped. Do I need seperate divices 1 for sound to the 2B and one for video? How to sync? or is that not a problem.

Thanks for any help/comments.

HL

Ronfire7
Active Developer

Re: Which audio/video player(s) for Stim Files

Post by Ronfire7 »

There are some files that have video/audio with am estim file as well. They will be surround sound files, a mac can be set up to play these but can be cumbersome.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

If using a PC as an audio source for stimming, I'd always recommend having two sound devices, and keep one for e-stim audio output only.
For example, on my Windows machine I use the motherboard's onboard sound for everything as default, but I have a SoundBlaster card installed which I use for e-stim audio and nothing else. That way, I can watch a video with sound through the speakers (connected to the motherboard) while simultaneously routing e-stim audio to my 2B (via the SoundBlaster). It also prevents email alerts etc. causing a sudden spike in the audio to the 2B, which could be unhelpful or unpleasant.
My preferred audio player for e-stim is VLC. You can set it up to route audio to a specific device, which is helpful.
hotluck
Active

Post by hotluck »

Dual Audio on PC. Sounds like a good method. Thanks.

HL
Flyy
Active

Post by Flyy »

Get yourself a Sony NWZ A15 mp3 player, its ideal for stimulations files.
wz000111
Active

Post by wz000111 »

Flyy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:24 am Get yourself a Sony NWZ A15 mp3 player, its ideal for stimulations files.
I have a cheap player, but it has touch tones, so sometimes need to be careful. Can you confirm that this doesn't have sounds when you press buttons (or they can be turned off)
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Flyy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:24 am Get yourself a Sony NWZ A15 mp3 player, its ideal for stimulations files.
I'll second that. See this post... viewtopic.php?t=10063

Silkggg
Active

Post by Silkggg »

Hi, new to audio stim-was planning on using an IPhone 12, any advice on doing that ?
:D Just a laid back guy who enjoys exploring the “darker” side of life”….just not the darkest