Pulse Mode of 2B much weaker than Pebble?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Happyhour65
Active

Pulse Mode of 2B much weaker than Pebble?

Post by Happyhour65 »

Hi folks,
1st time posting - what an amazing community, thank you!

I have had the Pebble for two years now and I used it almost exclusively with my Stuffer Bipolar Butt Plug.
The Pebble Pulse mode feels quite good and delivers a nice ghost fucking experience for most of the time, I can't max out the power but when it gets intense, then I desire more than it can provide. Therefore I just bought a 2B, assuming it will deliver the same pulse mode feel but with more power as the Stuffer requires a lot of juice. Last night I tested it for the 1st time and was disappointed.
I can easily max out Pulse mode on H setting at 100% Power and with the feel settings anywhere from 10 to 100. When maxed out it feels like 50% on the Pebble. I switched the electrodes back an forth between both boxes, therefore I can rule out pad placement, etc. Also the signal seems less "crisp" than the Pebble. The Pebble delivers a clean, crisp pulse, while the 2B signal feels more "muddled".
I just emailed e-stim systems and they stated that this is normal and everybody experiences it differently. I just have a hard time accepting, that the 2B Pulse mode is so weak. Also other 2B modes needed much higher power settings than expected.

Questions:
Has anybody experienced this too?
Could the box be faulty?

I also tried a couple of wave files as suggested by Stimaddict here on the forum: Mr. Terminator Pulsinator Suite and from V91 with mixed results. Some files delivered more power while others were inconsistent. I haven't found a file that delivers the Pebble Pulse feel. However, I don't have enough experience yet to judge this. Any suggestions welcome.

Sorry for the lengthy post, and thanks in advance.
Happy Holidays!

Happyhour65
Active

Re: Pulse Mode of 2B much weaker than Pebble?

Post by Happyhour65 »

Just did some more testing, actually testing while I am writing this :-)
For Pulse, Milk, Wave, Bounce I need to go to 50-60% to even start feeling something.
Most other modes seem stronger but I easily max them out too.
I tried some stim files, including e-stim systems 10 Squeeze and they deliver more power but I can still max them out.

I ran it with the battery, just to rule out a possible AC adapter problem, with weaker results (as expected).
I understand that the Stuffer plug requires quite a bit of juice but the Pebble delivers more power in the standard modes throughout. Therefore I wonder if my 2B isn't working right.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are comparing two completely different units, using two different output systems, yes they are going to be different. It is that simple.

The 2b has extra power modes, as well as the option of a power supply, the ElectroPebble does not.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Happyhour65
Active

Re: Pulse Mode of 2B with Stuffer weaker than Pebble?

Post by Happyhour65 »

Thanks for your quick reply.

I changed the subject line to clarify that I was referring to the Stuffer setup.

I ended up testing a 2nd 2B and you are right, it feels just the same as the 2B that I already have.

Is it fair to conclude that, im my case:
- With standard pads, loops, etc, the 2B is stronger than the ElectroPebble
- With hefty plugs, such as the Stuffer, the ElectroPebble can deliver stronger output than the 2B

Anyway, since I started exploring more facets of e-stim, I will keep the 2B because of the added functionality (it delivered wonderful feelings in a Tri-Phase setup the other day) and upgradeability.

I will also keep the ElectroPebble to drive my Stuffer when I want the power.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have you tried your 2B in high power mode? AND OR with a power supply? adjusting the feel control? I can assure you as the designer of both units, the 2B is considerably more powerful than the ElectroPebble. The fact is the 2B is a different box, with a different drive system and therefore will feel completely different. There is no comparable comparison between the two - the 2B has far more adjustments to allow you to get the best out of it, and considerably more power when adjusted to provide the sensations your seek. The fact you find it performs differently with different electrodes demonstrates its versatility. However I am glad you are enjoying both units.

its like comparing two cars, but only based on how they perform in first gear. The 2B simply has many more gears to play with, but to get the best out of it you need to experiment.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Happyhour65
Active

Post by Happyhour65 »

Yes, as mentioned in my initial post, I used the high power supply, high power mode and went through the full range of feel settings. I then installed the beta software and used dynamic mode with the same results. I did some (unscientific) measurements of voltage and current through the stuffer just for comparison, and I agree that the 2B delivers more power.

However, to me, the ElectroPebble just feels much stronger with the Stuffer. Quite amazing how the different waveforms seem to make all the difference, even at less power.
With other electrodes, such as pads or loops, the 2B delivers a stronger feel, as one would expect.

Thanks.