My 2B just died :-(

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
ElectricJohnny
Active

My 2B just died :-(

Post by ElectricJohnny »

Hello all,

During a remote stimming session I felt first some unusual pulses in my privates and then the smell of scorched electronics came to my nose.

The display was dark and the power switch did nothing.
I measured 12 V on the power supply. So it’s not its fault.
Later I tried it with batteries but with no results.

There seems to be something fried inside my beloved 2B.

I ordered it via Amazon market place from an Austrian seller in December 2021.
What can be done now?

Regards

admin
Site Admin

Re: My 2B just died :-(

Post by admin »

Sorry to hear that.... drop info@e-stim.co.uk an email and they will get it sorted for you.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
ErikM1972
Active

Post by ErikM1972 »

Mine died a while ago too. Channel B. It is repaired, no warranty, second user, but that's ok. Asked what the problem was. they say that they reseated the processor.

2 weeks ago. Channel B. Dead again :( I opened the 2b and noticed a burn mark on a transistor, but also that this was resoldered. Think that was the previous repair. As I was reading on discord, I see more and more users frying this transistor. This is something estim systems should be considering as a problem .
Also the fact that I asked the first time, what was wrong, they tell me something about the processor??? Be honest please when there is a problem with your hardware and try to find o good solution. Repairing it over and over again is not the solution. The soldering of the new component was could have been done better too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ErikM1972 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:57 pm Mine died a while ago too. Channel B. It is repaired, no warranty, second user, but that's ok. Asked what the problem was. they say that they reseated the processor.

2 weeks ago. Channel B. Dead again :( I opened the 2b and noticed a burn mark on a transistor, but also that this was resoldered. Think that was the previous repair. As I was reading on discord, I see more and more users frying this transistor. This is something estim systems should be considering as a problem .
Also the fact that I asked the first time, what was wrong, they tell me something about the processor??? Be honest please when there is a problem with your hardware and try to find o good solution. Repairing it over and over again is not the solution. The soldering of the new component was could have been done better too.
So let me get this right, you have issues with a 2nd hand 2B, we repaired by reseating the processor, an issue with any older electronics with socketed IC's - my 10K HP logic analyzer had exactly the same issue, then the second time you blow a channel driver. Then you take it apart and try to diagnose the issue based on what might or might not be soldered - you do realise all the IC's are soldered on the board, and then you suggest we are hiding something and we 'should do something about it'.

But you only 'think' that was the problem. I think we might know a little more about our own products. Its interesting you say you see more and more people on discord with this problem, but we don't see more and more when it comes to repairs - we should know we are the ones doing the repairs, - and since we offer a lifetime guarantee, we see more repairs than other companies simply because we don't dump our users after 12 or 18 months. We will repair a 12 year old unit, even a second hand unit - no one else will.

There is no problem with our hardware, but like all good manufacturers things evolve and change over time. There are actually around 12 different versions of the 2B out there, as we are constantly improving the hardware and covering for items that are no longer produced, or are changed to make the unit more durable or easier to maintain. You might have 2 or 3 vocal people complaining something is an issue, but we have sold the 2B in the 10s of 1000s - its been around since 2010, so I think we might have noticed any issues, and when we do we continue to improve the unit to eliminate them, but like all electronics sometimes something will fail. People will complain when they break things, but the vast majority say noting when they have been using their unit daily for years with no issue.

Its simple any item will pop a gasket so to speak if you push things to the limit. Its all down to where you set the limits. Too low and a unit is boring, too high and every single unit goes pop. We have set a limit that makes the 2B powerful and versatile for the vast majority of users. Like all electronics things will fail from time to time. When they do we will fix them. Name another company that produces any electronics that never fail. They simply don't exist.

We don't hide things under the carpet, we never lie, we listen to our customers and we always try to improve what we offer. So please don't suggest we are lying or hiding anything as its simply not true. If we were hiding things, then threads like this would simply not exist on OUR forum, would they....?

Si
E-Stim Systems
PS I designed the 2B
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

Wondered what the inside looks like.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please do not post images of the internals of the 2B. They tend to be misconstrued, encourage people to open their units and thus invalidate any guarantee, and cause more damage when they 'attempt' repairs. As has been mentioned previously there are multiple versions of the 2B, so any image does not represent one unit, they are constantly being revised and updated.

We see repairs and we act on any issues that we see, which is why there are several different versions of 2B in existence. just because the outer label has not changed does not mean we have not made any internal changes, it just means we don't broadcast it.

For the original OP, the reason that CS don't 'support' the Beta is the Beta, changes on a regular basis, and sometimes require in-depth explanation and examination in relation to any issue. Lack of support does not mean we don't offer repairs on a unit running the Beta, it's just CS don't have the capacity nor time to discuss issues with the Beta.

The reason for having a developers forum is for such details to be discussed and explained for all in the developers section to see, rather than having to write countless emails explaining the same thing. The Betas do have attached risk in relation to usage, they are Betas after all, but we do repair any unit of ours no matter what the firmware.

If you want the latest Firmware, and the most indepth discussion, then join the developers section.

I'm now going to close this thread

Admin
E-Stim Systems Ltd