Information Please

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Lympdickie
Active

Information Please

Post by Lympdickie »

I am a very experienced stimmer… starting with small homebuilt systems… graduating through using stereo amplifiers… and finally going through a couple of ET-312 units. I prefer a tri-phase setup, running multiple copies of “Goldwave” software and playing audio files.

Since the ET-312 is no longer available, I am looking at the 2B and would sincerely appreciate opinions, comments, etc. on this unit. Specifically:
- Will it perform tri-phase connected to the earphone jack of my PC, as did the ET-312?
- When using the power adapter, how is the output level compared to say, the old ET-312?
- Are 2B users satisfied with it?

Many thanks in advance!

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: Information Please

Post by mrbutt89 »

I have both the ET312-B and the E-Stim Systems 2B.

The 2B will create triphase effects from an audio source in the same way as the ET312-B, but you'll find that not all audio files that worked well on the ET312-B will work the same way on the 2B. The 2B seems to process a smaller range of frequencies. However, there are still loads of audio files that give great results on the 2B.

With the power adaptor, I find the 2B feels stronger than the ET312-B. But it is a different sensation. The Erostek unit gives a feeling of smooth power, whereas the 2B can be a bit rougher. I quite like that, and as a result my sessions with the 2B are more likely to end in an HFO than my sessions with the ET312-B. (I appreciate we're all different though!)

I'm definitely satisfied with the 2B. If I had to choose between the two devices, without hesitation I'd keep the 2B and ditch the Erostek. That's for the reasons stated above, plus the huge benefit of continuing development of the device and firmware, and not forgetting the lifetime warranty.