Software Version 2.122B Vs the newest Beta

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
video
Active

Software Version 2.122B Vs the newest Beta

Post by video »

Hello, which is the best software version for you for the 2b? I have the 2.122B and am very happy with it. I mostly use E Stim audio files, i.e. the stereo mode, and am happy with it. Who uses the new beta with Audi files and can tell me if there is a big difference between the 2.122b and the newest one?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Software Version 2.122B Vs the newest Beta

Post by admin »

The latest version is 2.126B and there are several differences.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
video
Active

Post by video »

I know that there is the 2.126b. That's why the QUESTION where are the differences. I had tried the 2.123b, so the transistor TR7 in the output stage burned out! I then had to buy a new 2B! I don't want that to happen again with the 2.126b!
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

Is there a version that tends to burn out the 2B more than others?
I will have to send mine back for the third time when I return home.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

video wrote:I know that there is the 2.126b. That's why the QUESTION where are the differences. I had tried the 2.123b, so the transistor TR7 in the output stage burned out! I then had to buy a new 2B! I don't want that to happen again with the 2.126b!
Why did you have to buy a new 2B? A transistor is covered by the lifetime guarantee. And the changes are generally incremental so you will have to look at 2.123 to 2.124 and then 2.124 to 2.126, but they are mainly big fixes. 2.126 is proving to be very stable.

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Ronfire7 wrote:Is there a version that tends to burn out the 2B more than others?
I will have to send mine back for the third time when I return home.
Nope. Blown for the third time? That is very unusual and normally when it’s mentioned it turns out to be other issues. Not all 2Bs fail with a blown transistor, other things do fail from time to time and we are constantly updating our processes and builds.

Drop me a DM with your details and I will have a look

Si

video
Active

Post by video »

estim_si wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:13 pm
video wrote:I know that there is the 2.126b. That's why the QUESTION where are the differences. I had tried the 2.123b, so the transistor TR7 in the output stage burned out! I then had to buy a new 2B! I don't want that to happen again with the 2.126b!
Why did you have to buy a new 2B? A transistor is covered by the lifetime guarantee. And the changes are generally incremental so you will have to look at 2.123 to 2.124 and then 2.124 to 2.126, but they are mainly big fixes. 2.126 is proving to be very stable.

Si

I couldn't because I opened it before because of bad soldering points on the jack sockets. So no more guarantee. I sold the defective 2b here in Germany. The transistor FZT753 €0.63 was replaced by the buyer and now the 2B is working again. It would have cost me too much in postage and repair costs to send it in. The lifetime guarantee is no longer interesting since Brexit.
And it's not the first time I've read in various EStim forums that the transistors in the TR7 and TR3 output stages often burn out.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

It’s interesting that people assume nothing ever changes and everything is the same. There are around 9 different hardware versions of the 2B all of which are improvements on the last. We are constantly improving the 2B, (this includes the firmware) but with 10s of thousands of units around the world as well as being in production for 13 years, a tiny number of issues get blown out of proportion, especially when you consider that other units are no longer supported after a year or two. Yes it is possible to blow an output with older units, but we repair and upgrade and the vast majority never occur again (we do upgrade components!), and the latest units are much more robust when it comes to channel issues.
We are also in the interesting position we are the only manufacturer who actively engages with customers and issues in a public forum, all the rest hide behind sorry it’s out of guarantee it’s not our problem.

Yes things are a little more complex with brexit, but we are still dealing with repairs into and out of Europe and have no massive issues.

Si

video
Active

Post by video »

estim_si wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:32 pm It’s interesting that people assume nothing ever changes and everything is the same. There are around 9 different hardware versions of the 2B all of which are improvements on the last. We are constantly improving the 2B, (this includes the firmware) but with 10s of thousands of units around the world as well as being in production for 13 years, a tiny number of issues get blown out of proportion, especially when you consider that other units are no longer supported after a year or two. Yes it is possible to blow an output with older units, but we repair and upgrade and the vast majority never occur again (we do upgrade components!), and the latest units are much more robust when it comes to channel issues.
We are also in the interesting position we are the only manufacturer who actively engages with customers and issues in a public forum, all the rest hide behind sorry it’s out of guarantee it’s not our problem.

Yes things are a little more complex with brexit, but we are still dealing with repairs into and out of Europe and have no massive issues.

Si

For info. the 2B where the transit gate T7 blew was about 1 year 7 months, so not very old :-). After just a few months, the soldering points on the 3.5mm jack sockets were defective, sorry and that's why I have to open the 2 B. So should I send it to England to have it repaired?! So that's why I had lost my warranty! But it doesn't matter.