REQUEST - Video of ET312 display & LEDs when turning MA on Stroke mode

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
pupjvc
Active

REQUEST - Video of ET312 display & LEDs when turning MA on Stroke mode

Post by pupjvc »

I've sent my ET312 unit to a kink-friendly repairman in the US. He believes that the unit is fine. I'm positive that it is not -- that the mode I use, "Stroke," no longer has the nuanced pulse rate that it used to.

Is someone with a 312 willing to take a video of the following for me, so that I can show him what it should look like?
A single shot featuring:
- The LCD display on STROKE mode
- The Ch A & B LEDS
- The Multi-Adjust knob being turned

Please start the knob all the way to the left and slowly turn it all the way to the right. Please allow a few seconds at the left, middle notch, and right sides. The video doesn't need to be more than a minute.

It would be framed like this drawing:

This would be a huge help to me. Thank you for considering my request.

You could share the video with me on Twitter @PupJack_DC

admin
Site Admin

Re: REQUEST - Video of ET312 display & LEDs when turning MA on Stroke mode

Post by admin »

since the ET312 is a digital unit, it is very hard to see how a digital pulse system could change the nuance as you describe. It is much more likely its basically your perception has changed over time. We have this with the 2B from time to time. A pulse is a pulse is a pulse and over time the human perception WILL change, so the box is outputting the correct pulse, just you don't feel it the same ways as you did.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
pupjvc
Active

Post by pupjvc »

admin wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:06 pm since the ET312 is a digital unit, it is very hard to see how a digital pulse system could change the nuance as you describe. It is much more likely its basically your perception has changed over time. We have this with the 2B from time to time. A pulse is a pulse is a pulse and over time the human perception WILL change, so the box is outputting the correct pulse, just you don't feel it the same ways as you did.

Si
I'm sorry, but in this instance, this simply isn't the case. The person working on the unit has told me that, when compared to another et312, my unit is only running at half power. Furthermore, I have replaced one of the boards in the unit, so the pots have changed and the slope is different. As it turns out, the new MA pot in actually older than what it was replacing and it has a different slope. Not only does it only have three noticeable settings (left, center, right), but there is very little difference in pulse between these. The original pot had a smooth taper and pulsed like a strobe light when set to 90%.

While I don't doubt that human perception of a pulse will change, it will not change as drastically as to interpret a pulse of 3x/sec as 1x/sec.

I've since found a video of a stock unit running with the MA set to ~80% and it is at least 3x faster than my unit running at 90%.
Last edited by pupjvc on Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Arrrr you didnt mention that hardware had been changed..... that would indicate the values of the components might not be the same.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
pupjvc
Active

Post by pupjvc »

I was able to get my unit fixed.

If you're in the USA, I highly recommend working with Ben Wallace at Libido Systems of Massachusetts.

He's very knowledgeable, patient, and diligent.