Problem with Stereo???

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
ElderBuzz
Active

Problem with Stereo???

Post by ElderBuzz »

HELP! Have tried to use stereo setting using a Dell laptop. Have used the supplied cable, but when I insert cable box to laptop or other way around my laptop goes dead! Any suggestions regarding what I'm doing wrong, sequencing, etc. ??? Many Thanks in advance for your input!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Stereo???

Post by admin »

Its generally down to the automated way your laptop deals with shared audio ports. There is not a lot we can do, as its down to the processing on the laptop.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
ElderBuzz
Active

Post by ElderBuzz »

Was afraid of that! Guess I'll get an MP3 player, download the files I want, then try it with that? Thanks for the info.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

ElderBuzz wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:30 pm Was afraid of that! Guess I'll get an MP3 player, download the files I want, then try it with that? Thanks for the info.
Some people have had success with external sound cards that plug into a USB port. Would that be another option?

However, you'd still need to think about whether the laptop would be sending sound notifications and alerts to the e-stim box and possibly disrupting your session with some unwanted jolts. An mp3 player is by far the simplest option as a sound source.
harrie27
Active

Post by harrie27 »

Even though I do agree a MP3 player is the simplest option, playing on a PC/Laptop gives you so much more options.
Easy seeking, waveform preview and lots of other stuff.

And yes, mute those notifications :)