connection problems

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
buzzer2
Active

connection problems

Post by buzzer2 »

I can't seem to get a reliable connection on both channels. Most of the time I get channel A but not always. I cant get anything with the supplied cable but I got one at walmart that works one one channel sometimes two. I bought another unit from Happystim but it is exactly the same,mabe worse. Just dodgy British electronics or what?
Does everyone have this prob?

estim_si
Staff

Re: connection problems

Post by estim_si »

Well I wasn’t aware Walmart sold e-stim cables, so possibly there is already some confusion.

So maybe give us a little more information as to exactly what you think is the problem? Configuration, electrodes, settings, power supply etc etc.

And there is nothing wrong with British electronics thanks

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barcoded
Active

Post by Barcoded »

Sorry to hear your difficulties. My 2B works perfectly, and has done for years, not dodgy electronics. Perhaps report a claim on the lifetime guarantee?
buzzer2
Active

Post by buzzer2 »

My problem is in the audio connection. I can either get one side or the other. aren't the meters supposed to be somewhat level? I seem to be getting only one half of the stereo, but not the other. When it does work, all os good, or fantastic you might say, Its pretty good only on half. I noticed that the audio going into the box needs to be strong.But having addressed that issue, still there is reliablily.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Levels shown are the input levels and should be peaking but not maxed out - Mancini m movement is idea. Then it’s adjust level etc to get sensation, but audio is one of the most complex ways of stimulation so finding the right levels, right music etc is very much down to the individuals taste. It’s not a case of reliability, it’s just finding what works for you

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

buzzer2 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:41 pm I can't seem to get a reliable connection on both channels. Most of the time I get channel A but not always. I cant get anything with the supplied cable but I got one at walmart that works one one channel sometimes two. I bought another unit from Happystim but it is exactly the same,mabe worse. Just dodgy British electronics or what?
Does everyone have this prob?
Dodgy connection for Audio Input.

1: Check the 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable you are using. Poor quality cables will break-down quickly and usually one Channel drops out first.

2: Don't use a mobile or new laptop for the audio source. Most headphone sockets on phones and laptops are multiports, designed for 3 and 4pin connections... stereo output and a microphone input.
Many mobile phones will only output one Channel if the 3.5mm plug isn't pushed in correctly or full inserted the phone may not play via the headphones. My Samsung S9 had this issue.
Not an issue with USB-C if you use the DAC-Audio converter.

My resolution was to use an mp3 player with 3.5mm headphone output and a good quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.