Looking for advices regarding stereo mode

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
kairosJS

Looking for advices regarding stereo mode

Post by kairosJS »

Hello all !

I'm a developper and I've purchased the 2B almost 1 year ago for its stereo capabilities. I'm completely satisfied with it and now I would like to push even further my work on generating highly customizable, dynamic and high quality stereo materials for it.

I work with an oscillator (I use tone.js, a wrapper around the web audio api of your browser) and use it to generate sounds with specific volume, frequency and waveform settings. For now I've been able to create some really good sequences and I'm quite happy with it. For example a 1 sec sequence of a 500hz sine signal, with its volume modulating from -25 to -20db. I can then increase (or decrease) the frequency, the speed, the volume, complexify the sequence etc... This is just a simple example of how I use the oscillator.

I would like to go a bit further, but since I'm absolutely clueless in the sound engineering department, I wanted to dig a bit more about what I could do to push the customization even more. Do you have some advices or resources I could use to improve what I've already worked on ? Are there some settings / parameters I've left away that I shouldn't. I've tried to analyze stim files in audacity to have a better understanding on what I could improve, but as I said, I've very limited knowledge and beside the obvious parameters, I'm not getting much out of it.
For example, I feel there is a very noticeable difference in feeling between the natural 2B's modes, their variations, and the audio in stereo mode.

How, as a dev, can I get the most out of the 2B stereo mode ?

Thank for the help you can provide !