Dual Triphase Question

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Nautus
Active

Dual Triphase Question

Post by Nautus »

Is it possible to create two independent triphase connection cables? That is combing both negatives, one from each channel, into one negative output. And then combine both positives,one from each channel, into one positive output.

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: Dual Triphase Question

Post by mrbutt89 »

Unless I've misunderstood you, what you're creating is not a triphase solution, but you're just joining channels A and B together, creating just two electrode connections.
Nautus
Active

Post by Nautus »

Thank you for the reply. Would there be any issues with combing the two channels as described, even if not Triphase?
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I don't think combining the two channels in that way would cause you any problems, but I'm not sure what the benefits would be. Depending on what mode you're using, combining the signals could have the effect of reducing variation. On the other hand, if you have periods when there's little or no output on both channels at the same time, and then periods where there's a high output on both channels you might find the contrast too great.
There's no problem with having a play and seeing what you think of the results.
Nautus
Active

Post by Nautus »

Interesting. Thank you. A slightly different question….Is there any difference in triphasing the positive side vs the negative side?
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Nautus wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:47 am Interesting. Thank you. A slightly different question….Is there any difference in triphasing the positive side vs the negative side?
I can't say I've noticed much difference, but some people say they can perceive a difference between different combinations of channels.

In theory, there are four ways of combining the channels at the common electrode. Assuming the leads from each channel are coloured black and red, you can have:

A black + B red
A red + B red
A red + B black
A black + B black

I tend to stick with just the one combination offered by the E-Stim Systems triphase cable. It's a neat solution.
Nautus
Active

Post by Nautus »

Thank you for explaining it this way. Very helpful.