Enfettered E-stim Micro312 Power Box

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Korsakovski
Active

Post by Korsakovski »

Hi all,

Today I stumbled on this new box. Apparently an improved 2023 (micro) version of the ET-312B. Quite pricy. Looks interesting though.

Any thoughts on this, reviews or 'first hand' experiences?

Happy stimming!

Korsakovski

estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Korsakovski wrote:Hi all,

Today I stumbled on this new box. Apparently an improved 2023 (micro) version of the ET-312B. Quite pricy. Looks interesting though.

Any thoughts on this, reviews or 'first hand' experiences?

Happy stimming!

Korsakovski
Apart from the fact it’s not actually made by Erostek, it’s a literal rip off of the ET312 design. And they don’t have access to the firmware they are just flashing the original code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
estim4fun
Active

Re: Enfettered E-stim Micro312 Power Box

Post by estim4fun »

The problem with the ET312 clones many commercial or home-made boxes is they copied the bugs as well.

There are a lot:

Wrong sound (audio-3) interpretation: As many boxes, the zero crossing is detected to trigger a pulse and a capacitor detects the amplitude for the pulse amplitude. Of course there is a resistor to (slowly) discharge. The time constant is around 100mS that kills all the fast stroking sensations. I changed 2 capacitors to decrease down to 15mS. That introduces a minimum base frequency around 200Hz

Unexpected result: the zero crossing is detected by a comparator. There is 2 for the 2 channels. However, there is no input resistors that can make unexpected results as there are always protection diodes between the + and the - input.

Battery killing ... for a lot of assemblies: The floating voltage for AGM batteries is 13.60. They used 14.2 because of a diode after the regulator. When the battery is charged, the voltage on the diode is close to 0. This schematics is mainly used in security alarms, but they are never shut down.
BK2: They didn't consider the output voltage tolerance on the regulator.
BK3: They would have use smaller regulator divider resistors bridge as there is a minimum load for proper regulation and one of these resistor is a 5% tolerance.

Perhaps more bugs I haven't yet found.