Audio Stim Files - Response

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Rhamiel
Active

Audio Stim Files - Response

Post by Rhamiel »

Using a preset routine from an eStim box, things tend to be predictable and it's possible to follow and ride the session. :geek:

With audio stim files though, unless you know the shape of the file from experience, or have a look-ahead visual readout, you're at the mercies of whatever might (or might not) happen. :evil:

How do stimmers here approach unknown audio stim files? Do you relent completely to them, trust and hope for the best; or do you try to resist them by tensing if things suddenly get hard?

I'm guessing relaxation might help, though it would be good to know the best approach for best effect.

StimJoy
Active

Re: Audio Stim Files - Response

Post by StimJoy »

Go along for the ride and reveal the mystery.

But, if you're concerned about running into a part where the output current is too strong for you, you can always start the file at the lowest possible output level. Turning the volume down to where you can just barely feel it, could help you get through the whole file in order to map out the ride for next time.
If I'm starting right off with an audio file, without any prior stimming, I'll go this route. Beside for some, having the output be just barely recognizable at my conscious ability, often makes things extra sensitive and eager and receptive to the signal. Light, barely perceptible tickles can do a lot for you if you haven't gone down that route before.
If you want to start off with higher output levels at the start, you might try stimming a lot on a constant output or known variable output session. So in the case of the 2b, maybe you warm things up with an hour on the Throb setting, slowly increasing the output levels throughout. The goal being to increase your tolerance to higher level signals; you're also desensitizing your nerves here, but that too can lead to interesting sessions where you just barely feel new signals...or maybe you're not. After going for a multi-hour session, I can often turn down the signal strength below my receptor level, and my body and nerves are still flexing/responding in sync to the previous signal. Then take a short break, enjoy the buzzing in your nerves while you have a snack and a drink. Then pop on the audio file. Again, you can start it on low strength, where you can just barely feel it or turn it up. But now the high outputs could be more tolerable to your nerves since they've been desensitized a bit.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rhamiel wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:50 pm Using a preset routine from an eStim box, things tend to be predictable and it's possible to follow and ride the session. :geek:

With audio stim files though, unless you know the shape of the file from experience, or have a look-ahead visual readout, you're at the mercies of whatever might (or might not) happen. :evil:

How do stimmers here approach unknown audio stim files? Do you relent completely to them, trust and hope for the best; or do you try to resist them by tensing if things suddenly get hard?

I'm guessing relaxation might help, though it would be good to know the best approach for best effect.
Well you could always try a session file created by some else, and use our Session file viewer to preview the file so there isn't any hidden shocks

viewforum.php?f=29

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Rhamiel
Active

Post by Rhamiel »

Great tips StimJoy and Admin. - Thank you. :)