New Video - TriPhase

All the latest News from E-Stim Systems. Posts are automatically removed after 60 days.
admin
Site Admin

New Video - TriPhase

Post by admin »

And now our new video about TriPhase.

E-Stim Systems Ltd
OldConductor

Re: New Video - TriPhase

Post by OldConductor »

A quick question, if you have more than one 2B can you safely plug into say both A channels rather than to A and B on one box. If this is okay, what would the affect be on the two B channels, would they remain isolated? Could you also do the same with the B channels at the same time? Doing this would allow mixing of two different waveform programs so sounds interesting, if it won't damage the boxes.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

The only answer is don’t know because you’re now effectively trying to drive the output of one box from another it’s not something we would recommend nor is it something we’ve tested for

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

admin wrote:
> And now our new video about TriPhase.
>
> [youtube]https://youtu.be/iOpSsR0nvks[/youtube]

I think you have your TriPhase graph shown incorrectly in the video. When the signals are both positive the output between A & B is reduced rather than increased, it looks like you have added together the output waveforms rather than subtractiong one from the other?
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

beem2713 wrote:admin wrote:
> And now our new video about TriPhase.
>
>

I think you have your TriPhase graph shown incorrectly in the video. When the signals are both positive the output between A & B is reduced rather than increased, it looks like you have added together the output waveforms rather than subtractiong one from the other?
It’s a representation, the actual levels will depend on the phase angle. and output level of each channel. If both channels are in phase and positive, then they would add together, if they are 180 out of phase then they would cancel each other out. Shift the phasing and you get a variation.

Unfortunately every time we stick a pretty graphic on anything people start to measure things to the n’th degree, the graphic is there to illustrate the fact that waveforms will interact with each other.

Si

beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

estim_si wrote:
>
If both channels are in phase and positive, then they would
> add together, if they are 180 out of phase then they would cancel each other out.
> Shift the phasing and you get a variation.
>
>
> Si
>

Si, Youre absolutely wrong on this from a TriPhase perspective, if both channels had a sinewave and were in phase and positive the third channel (between +A and +B) would be zero. So if A was at 20v and b was at 20v difference = 0. If the channels were 180 deg out of phase then one would be at +20v and the other at -20 giving 40v across the third channel. That is of course unless youre doing something really weird with the 2B?

On my DIY box I can switch phases 180 deg and it is staggering the difference at times, I think I have discussed this before on here many moons ago.
estim_si
Staff

New Video - TriPhase

Post by estim_si »

Back to basic physics- or mathematics.

Two sine waves in phase with the same frequency ie 0 degrees phase angle) will add together. (See link at the end for the proof)

Yes you could argue and are correct that depending on where you place the ground you could generate a phase on one channel shifted 180, so cancelling out. The 2B runs with a shared ground in Triphase, and the basic principle that the waveforms combine and subtract to provide a 3rd waveform depending on how you measure across the contact points is still true, and that is what I was trying to simply illustrate in the video.

And in addition depending on what 2B mode you are using you will nearly always have a phase shift in outputs - it can be tiny but since we are not running parallel processors it is there, therefore the Triphase effect will exist in nearly all modes.

The 2B does not generate sine waves, and the waveform generated is far more complex and controllable, but the basic principle of combining waveforms based on phasing still stands. Yes I know there are arguments as to what is ‘Triphase’, but since I designed the 2B, and developed our systems around it, I think I can say this is what we do and this is how our systems work.

If anyone wants the whole mathematical proof then have a look at https://www.johndcook.com/blog/2020/08/ ... ine-waves/

I’m going to lock this thread now, as continuing argument over basic principles is pointless, especially as the video was created to put a complex point across as simply as possibly, and ongoing discussion just confuses most people.

Si.