New 2B and Digital Link issue

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
toto17

New 2B and Digital Link issue

Post by toto17 »

Hello,

First of all, great job building the 2B!
I am a new user of the 2B (E-Stim Connect Pack + Power Supply) and I have a problem with the digital link.
I can't get it to work.
The 2B is on stable firmware 2.106.
I connected it to my PC (automatic installation of the necessary drivers), and the connection is well recognized on the Windows side (Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621 Build 22621)

However, on the Commander 3 side (and Uplink 2.1 too), the connection seems established but the 2B doesn't respond (I tried on 2 PC)
On battery, I have an error message
Battery Test 1.png
Battery Test 1 bis.png
On power supply, no error
Power Supply Test 1.png

I read the following message to try and test it myself
viewtopic.php?p=27916#p27916
I tried PowerShell (and paperclip), no respond

Code: Select all

PS> $port= new-Object System.IO.Ports.SerialPort COM6,9600,None,8,one
PS> $port.Open()
PS> $port.ReadLine()

I tried StimMe on Android 13 to rule out a PC-related problem.
With an OTG cable, the connection is established, but again, the 2B doesn't react.
There was one time (I couldn't reproduce it) when the 2B reacted to StimMe commands, but didn't react as expected (didn't always react, and the increases on channel A didn't correspond, nor did the mode change...).

What can I do ?

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
Site Admin

Re: New 2B and Digital Link issue

Post by admin »

based on that log I would suggest either the digital link cable is faulty, or you have not pushed it in far enough - It looks like the TX is being echo'd straight back to the Rx

Can you plug in an audio source and check you see both inputs on in stereo?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
toto17

Post by toto17 »

admin wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:39 pm or you have not pushed it in far enough
Hello,
Yes, that's exactly it.
In fact, the motherboard is slightly offset in the box (the power supply is not quite opposite the hole, it's a little to the left).
As for the jacks, they're not flush with the box, they're slightly tucked inside.
By forcing the digital link into the jack, it manages to sink in a little further.
And now Commander 3 recognizes it.

Thanks for your help (I feel a bit stupid).

Happy New Year!
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

toto17 wrote:
admin wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:39 pm or you have not pushed it in far enough
Hello,
Yes, that's exactly it.
In fact, the motherboard is slightly offset in the box (the power supply is not quite opposite the hole, it's a little to the left).
As for the jacks, they're not flush with the box, they're slightly tucked inside.
By forcing the digital link into the jack, it manages to sink in a little further.
And now Commander 3 recognizes it.

Thanks for your help (I feel a bit stupid).

Happy New Year!
Not a problem, glad it solved it, but i will pass your comments onto the production team so we can keep an eye on the pcb position

Anyway happy Christmas!!!

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk