Pad Placement Query

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Volteer

Pad Placement Query

Post by Volteer »

Sorry to be a nuisance with the rambly post.

I have acquired a conventional domestic TENS unit with multiple channels -- ( tinyurl.com/auvontens ) at a discounted price before the New Year, thought it a good idea rather than sinking more money into a more expensive 'made-for-play' unit without prior experience).

Newbie questions:

1) Let's say, for instance, I placed A1 above the penis and A2 on the perineum, will the current only take a direct path from positive to negative (hopefully through the prostate), or disperse somewhat, stimulating the surrounding areas? (How much dispersion occurs?)

2) Let's also say that at the same time I hook up B1 on my left inner thigh and B 2 on my right, with the intention of a path from thigh to thigh via genital region, but say B1 is positive and A1 negative, will this cause a diversion of the current away from the above intended paths?

In other words:

If I have four pads (A1, A2, B1, 2B) arranged as the points on a diamond, positive and negative from each channel opposite each other, will the current from A1 (+) flow to A2 (-) through the middle of the shape, or will it flow to terminate at 2B, taking a path along the perimeter of the shape? (Thus the interior of the shape is not stimulated.)

Will the current flow from a positive node of A channel to the negative of B channel, ie forming a circuit to the nearest negative node, regardless of being from a different channel on the power box?

How would you recommend setting the pads of this device up for first time use?

Particularly for use in conjunction with a thrusting/vibrating prostate massager (non-e-stim).

Was also wondering what the relevance of AC versus DC is for e-stim, and whether a conventional domestic TENS unit typically outputs AC or DC.
Which is the best for erotic stimulation?

Sorry, I don't understand anything about electricity. I have been lurking enough to know the safety basics etc. but a bit confused as to how the flow of current works, particularly in the four-pad design described where the paths could interfere(?).

Looking forward to responses.

harrie27
Active

Re: Pad Placement Query

Post by harrie27 »

Start by taking a look at https://www.sexmachinereviews.co.uk/adv ... tions.html and the rest of the site.

Easier than typing a 4 pages long answer :)
Volteer

Post by Volteer »

Thanks, I don't think my particular questions are answered in that article, though.
hardmasteruk
Active

Post by hardmasteruk »

The fact you are asking theoretical and highly technical questions about pad placement, but don't even appear to understand the basics - all e-stim units generate AC, sort of precludes any meaningful answer. The actual answer to your question is

it depends

with the dependence list being longer than any article. basic rule is Electrical Current will flow through the path of least resistance, if channels are isolated there will be no current passing from channel to channel, but electrical resistance in the human body is dependant on skin and tissue resistance, tissue density, hydration, salt concentration, skin/electrode interface resistance, capacitance, humidity, path length, signal frequency and a lot more. and it will change constantly, as after all a human is a bag of conductive water. And just because a current might flow, you also need to consider what nerves are being triggered thus creating a feeling.

Its a bit like trying to work out who is going to win a race by trying to measure and calculate friction of the tyres on a road.

Rather than trying to work out the theory, why not stick a few pads on and TRY IT, see what you enjoy.
"Pain and Pleasure in equal Measure"
VFRman
Active Developer

Post by VFRman »

Hello Hardmasteruk
From my POV, you are overthinking this by some margin. I doubt whether you can place pads in any configuration to stimulate the prostate. Open to correction. Why not just place a pad, preferably round, say, 30mm, on or just below the Frenulum (depends if cut or not) another large say, 40/50mm square under the balls on the Perineum. If you wish 4 points, then on the balls (I like to have mine stretched) & lastly on an anal insertable. You could always omit the balls & utilise the two points on the plug electrode.
For me I can initiate a Ghost Fuck using the 2-B & Tri-Phase cable. That is as near a prostate massage I get. Cannot comment on any Tens unit.
All the very best for 2024
hardmasteruk
Active

Post by hardmasteruk »

VFRman wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:34 pm Hello Hardmasteruk
From my POV, you are overthinking this by some margin. I doubt whether you can place pads in any configuration to stimulate the prostate. Open to correction. Why not just place a pad, preferably round, say, 30mm, on or just below the Frenulum (depends if cut or not) another large say, 40/50mm square under the balls on the Perineum. If you wish 4 points, then on the balls (I like to have mine stretched) & lastly on an anal insertable. You could always omit the balls & utilise the two points on the plug electrode.
For me I can initiate a Ghost Fuck using the 2-B & Tri-Phase cable. That is as near a prostate massage I get. Cannot comment on any Tens unit.
All the very best for 2024
I think you might be referring to the wrong person.... I was not the OP, but replying to the OP
"Pain and Pleasure in equal Measure"
VFRman
Active Developer

Post by VFRman »

Apologise. You are correct. Punishment required!