Waterfall Mode - Technical Query

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Electrocurious
Active

Waterfall Mode - Technical Query

Post by Electrocurious »

New user of the 2B here with a couple of questions. Thus far this power box (a Christmas upgrade from my trusty Helix) has exceeded my expectations and I’ve had a lot of fun trying out some of the options for configurations and settings. Waterfall mode without doubt has been worth the cost of upgrading alone, but I’d like to understand more about how this mode works to try and make the most of it. I’m a firm believer that an hour in the library is worth a week in the laboratory, so I thought I’d hit up the best source of info on the 2B (you fine people) to try and save me some precious time.

Firstly I’d like to determine if my experience of the waterfall sensation is the same as is intended/expected. From a zero adjust setting (with no change to Intensity (25) or pulse feel (50) throughout the test), I’m finding that as the adjust dial is turned and the setting is increased, the frequency of sensation is noticeably increased with minimal reduction to the intensity of sensation. However, as the adjust setting and therefore frequency are increased further, the intensity starts to reduce more readily. At the top end of the adjust setting the intensity of sensation drops off considerably. I’ve tried to sum up my findings with the diagrams below:

Diagram.png
Diagram 2.png
Is this reduced intensity (amplitude) at higher frequencies an intended function of the 2B, or is this a limitation (i.e. the intended peak-to-peak amplitude is not being resolved at higher frequencies), or is this just something neurological I’m not taking account of?

Secondly, if I wished to replicate the waterfall mode with an audio file, what would that audio file look like? Is it a constant tone with variable amplitude or is there tone variation?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.