Remote unit - thoughts and feedback

Everything to do with the E-Stim Systems Remote control system. The first E-Stim Remote in the world with a motion sensor. and now with sound as well.
aydensboy
Active

Remote unit - thoughts and feedback

Post by aydensboy »

I've had the remote unit now for about a year, along with the 2B, and I will say the remote is the unit that gets used the most, simply for it's portability and ease of use.

I thought i would share my experiences, how I use it, and some feedback as well.

First of all, I'm a guy, so primarily the use of the remote is with an anal electrode (usually the moaner), although my other use is occasionally pads on the ball sack (with a non-lube condom over them to help keep everything in place).
I would also say the remote unit is much more useful / versatile than the 2b, especially in the bdsm end of things, which is where i do like to play.

The Goods;
  • - the unit is plenty powerful by itself, it can push lots of good shocks.
  • - portability
  • - ability for someone else to hold your remote. training mode red button still terrifies me.

use cases;
  • -tease and torment are my general modes for just wearing the device out and about. They are good amount of sensation, and can easily be controlled / adjusted with the remote.
  • -motion. I have a hang point in the bedroom. sometimes i will find myself hanging from it with a spreader bar on the feet, on tippy toes, and the estim box is attached to a waistband set on motion mode. It gets really really hard to stay still in that situation. :)
  • -microphone. I just recently played with this one. while spanking (paddling actually), i set the box to sound, and attached to balls. this resulted in a lovely stim smack to the balls along with every slap of the paddle to the ass. Brilliant.

the bad / annoying;
  • - pressing the two buttons on the remote just right to get it into mode switching mode is... hard. i usually have to try three or four times to get it just right. Obviously that's not something easily fixed without a re-design, so probably just have to live with that for now.
  • - changing modes in general, or feedback of what the device is doing, requires visibility on the LED's, and obviously visibility of the device itself. Again this is inherent of the device - remote design, so without additional dev into something like Bluetooth or wifi control, it is what it is.
  • - portability. While this unit IS portable, it's still quite chonky when it comes to wearing it discretely. I am strongly considering taking it apart / out of case, and seeing if i can design a 3d-print case for it which is as small as possible, and has some rounded edges. Ideally i would love something like a wild elastic belt strap which could be worn under clothes which would hold this unit in the small of the back, and the case needs to be a smaller / anatomical shape to really do that comfortably..
  • - microphone. not sure where it's located. I dont see an obvious hole for it. When i was trying to setup the spanking scene described above, i found i had to open the battery door and place it facedown on the floor. This picked up the sound quite well, but prior to doing that it wasn't working well.

future dev / next version thoughts;
wishlist; (everyone wants everything.. lol )
  • -two channel would be cool but obviously changes a lot of elements especially when it comes to power.
  • - audio input jack for stero stim like the 2B ?
  • -remote with feedback, or mobile app support of some variety via bluetooth or wifi. Basically the ability to wire up the sub, turn on the unit, and never have to look at it again. Dom should be able to adjust power levels and modes, and know what mode is what.
  • -short of interactive feedback.. perhaps a happy middle ground could be found with a couple more buttons on the remote. a dedicated mode change button. and when cycling through modes, dont loop. so blind. you could mode change. left a bunch of times to get to the start, then count x number of times right to find the correct mode. or if the remote could have a couple "favorite" buttons, which could then be associated with a couple different modes. so associate 'training' with favorite 1, and torment with favorite 2, and then when out in public, those could be used to change modes on the fly.. you could add an F1, F2 button on the device directly to save the current mode and setting into F1 / F2, so the remote only has to send the 'F1/F2' code (no smarts on the remote)
  • -ability to toggle the LEDs off on the main unit. this is just discretion when being worn, having lights blinking through shirt not good..
oh also a short version of the cables to go from the ass to small of back.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote unit - thoughts and feedback

Post by admin »

Thanks for your very indepth review.

We have some plans for the Remote Mk2, I think given some of your requests you might be in for a interesting surprise.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
aydensboy
Active

Post by aydensboy »

Well I realize I'm playing around with warranty voiding options here.. so to each their own,

but sharing my first prototype to slim this baby down a bit.
IMG20240115154719.jpg
IMG20240115154739.jpg
IMG20240115154851.jpg
two modifications required; removal of the momentary switch button on the bottom of the board (really just so i could steal about 2-3 mm), and moving the condenser mic. In my pictures, that's still attached and sticking out the hole, just waiting on some to come that have wire leads so i can move it somewhere else in the case (or i suppose i could just solder wires to the one currently installed as well.. doh.).

I'm not sure what the component is in the middle of the circuit board, looks like, but not quite, a capacitor. I think that might be the movement sensor?
if/when thinking about redesign, if that was elsewhere on the board, i could get the battery moved further into the case to get a wee bit smaller again.

Original case; 28 x 67 x 112 (34 high with the belt clip)
this case; 24 x 58 x 85 (about the size of a credit card / deck of cards.)

Currently i have to pop the top to change the battery, thinking about a design with a removable bottom instead so it can more easily slide in-out..
also it's still basically a box, I might try playing with some more curvy shapes (to better fit the small of the back).. but those get harder to 3d print too.. so proof of concept first..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
edave

Post by edave »

admin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:41 pm We have some plans for the Remote Mk2, I think given some of your requests you might be in for a interesting surprise.
What is the estimated release date for Remote Mk2, roughly, please?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

edave wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:29 pm
admin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:41 pm We have some plans for the Remote Mk2, I think given some of your requests you might be in for a interesting surprise.
What is the estimated release date for Remote Mk2, roughly, please?
We generally don't offer such release dates in advance. Too many companies make promises that turn out to be 'vapourwear'. When it it released. you will know about it.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd