First Impressions 2B...WOW...Oops...

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
DailyStimmer

First Impressions 2B...WOW...Oops...

Post by DailyStimmer »

Today I received my 2B, been stimming for about a year with a Tens AA (Ultima 5), based on recommendations from Stimaddict as a cheap starter unit to see if you like the sensations. The little unit has been great, everything it was expected to be +++. First try was an HFO success (and second and third...later I learned it's not always about the HFO), wow I was impressed for under $40 USD. After ~250 HFOs from the unit it started to get a little monotonous...little boring...same old routine...but still had a 90% success rate. Failures, (if you can call them that, they were still enjoyable) were usually due to a pissy mood, lack of time, or just not in the mood as much as you thought when starting.

Today my 2B arrived, I was excited and felt I was fairly well prepped to give it a go, read the manual, scanned this forum, etc. Even though I read the manual I was still a super novice. This first try I only used the supplied battery and left it on low power to fumble my way through the different modes, high-power mode scared me a bit even though I regularly maxed out the Tens AA. Felt similar but different than my Tens AA (as expected...but didn't know what to expect). At first when I turned it on it booted to the Pulse mode, turned the power up to ~30% and didn't feel anything, damn, it's not working...little scared to turn it up and get blasted from a poor connection somewhere.

Flipped through some other modes and started to feel them and cranked the power a bit (still scared to try hi-power mode). Throb is supposedly a forum favorite so boosted the power a bit and started to get some good response. After about 45 mins of fumbling through the modes, I got to the Stereo Mode and started to try several files from the Stimaddict Google Drive...Tried about 10 of them (I think many of them could have delivered the goods but kept bouncing around).

I then tried the Stimaddict Bastard file (I have read a bunch on that one). Started on about 20%, channel A only, low power and 9v battery (admittedly I was a little chicken). Like the other files I tried, I had the mp3 in Audacity to see the output peaks and 'kind of' knew what to expect. Slowly increased power (with my index finger on the mute button...just incase) but at around 26 min (mind you this was channel A only at 42 pct power, low power mode, 9v battery, input volume cranked)...what's happening...it's happening... ... ...Yes it happened by accident.

In summary, my Tens AA only gave me 1 or 2 surprises like that. I usually had to concentrate fully and tense up to have a HFO...Buuut, this new unit did it first try without trying, can't wait till tomorrow to do it again... and again... and again...

VFRman
Active Developer

Re: First Impressions 2B...WOW...Oops...

Post by VFRman »

Hi Dailystimer
Great to read your first impressions of the 2-B. You can read my posts if interested in my preferences. For me my time with Audio has so far not impressed as the lack of control as to what is coming can be a bit disturbing. However, the 2-B has so many different modes that you can fully control, is my preference. I have said before that A-Split seems much underrated but is my go to for most sessions. The variety seems endless, even swapping leads & electrodes (sticky pads) changes the sensation. Then if you bring Tri-Phase in with or without an insertable a whole new phase is available.
I some times use battery power if I want to be portable & always have it set on High. Would advise getting the mains adaptor as that really gets it fired up! Tell us more about you & your electrode use & placement.