Software rxtc and the "old collection"

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
rubbertail

Software rxtc and the "old collection"

Post by rubbertail »

This is not a request for a hack or anything - I got the old software RXTC at the time I got my ET-312, together with loads of files and sessions. Now I tried to install it once again - both directly on a new Windows 10 machine and in a Virtual Machine running Windows 2000 (yes, I am that old) - but no luck. However, there is this forum here, so I wondered - has anyone ever looked deeper into the software, knows maybe what to do with the old session files (format .xtcsession), or has any other idea on how to get this running again?

Every tip welcome! Thanks everyone!

estim4fun
Active

Re: Software rxtc and the "old collection"

Post by estim4fun »

What is the problem? the software does not open? the files can not be loaded? the ET312 is not seen?
Quick question: can one open the software without the box?
If it is only a serial port access problem, you may want to try Wine on a Linux machine. Hardware accesses are, in general, badly supported by virtutal solutions. Try as ma,y as you can
Zakal
Active

Post by Zakal »

I JUST now saw a video on youtube about a product called PCem which completely emulates an older PC. It doesn't just emulate for software but hardware as well. It will communicate with external devices and even has a BIOS for an older machine.
I hope that helps.
"Hurt me!" said the masochist.
"No." said the sadist.
frugie88
Active

Post by frugie88 »

Ok it's been almost 2 decades since I came across and downloaded and ran RXTC - and things are fuzzy but I *think* the old SmartStim V2 could import and convert the RXTC files? If you are looking for a copy of SS V2 - check with user Stimaddict here on this board via a DM for a link to his huge archive. However I no longer have a copy loaded on my dedicated e-stim PC having moved from XP, Win7 and now Win10 on the computer.

As I recall the late Climberr of SmartStim.com did pull RXTC off the long gone site from a request by the author of the software. Now if you are looking for software to control your ET-312 SmartStim V4, the last version would communicate with the Erostek stim box. Again, Stimaddict is the one to ask via DM.

Hope this helps.

Edit: clarification