3rdH Player box comparison

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
oldguy
Active

3rdH Player box comparison

Post by oldguy »

Hello all,
Does anyone currently use the 3rd hand? Could you comment on ease of use, effectiveness for HFO, support etc. I am especially interested in a comparison with the 2B or the new MK312BT? There isn't much on the web about it. I have seen some very good, but older reviews in Stimaddicts google files, but not much since the revision of 2018.

Zakal
Active

Re: 3rdH Player box comparison

Post by Zakal »

Actually, I have found nothing concerning "the 3rd hand." What is it? Do you have a link?
"Hurt me!" said the masochist.
"No." said the sadist.
oldguy
Active

Post by oldguy »

The website is https://www.us.3rdh.com/. They do have a forum that I am trying to access. The operating manual is on the website but is a difficult read, at least for me.
merry
Active

Post by merry »

Hi,
I have the 3rdh device in my e-stim toy box and use it often - It's a valid choice especially using the supplied 'mont's' (montages?) on the SD card which are really rewarding and have given me lots of delicious toe curling HFO's.

Build quality seems okay and it's fairly easy to understand and use - Feel wise it's much smoother than other made for play units I've had but no less strong plus It's worked really well with all of audio stim files I've tried it with picking up all their subtle nuances.

Downsides? - Currently, at least with my 2 year old unit, firmware updates involve sending it back to 3rdh in France which incurs shipping costs, plus there are import duties, VAT etc that apply when you purchase.

Overall I'm pleased I bought it.
"You'll understand when you cum my way" - 'Demons' Fatboy Slim Ft Macy Gray
"I know what it means to work hardon machines" - 'You Take Me Up' Thompson Twins
oldguy
Active

Post by oldguy »

Glad you like it!
Do you have any source of explanation of the modes and terms ie weight, other than the manual?
oldguy
Active

Post by oldguy »

I am trying to find out if the 3rdH player is still being made and supported. Is there anyone who is in recent contact with them in 2024? Is their forum active? The website manual is for an outdated version (2014). There was an apparent update and a new player offered in 2018. The website contact for information is silent.
merry
Active

Post by merry »

Hi,
I had email contact with Nicolas at 3rdh on Feb 14th in so I assume they're still up and running - My box is the 2108 version
"You'll understand when you cum my way" - 'Demons' Fatboy Slim Ft Macy Gray
"I know what it means to work hardon machines" - 'You Take Me Up' Thompson Twins
skysearcher
Active

Post by skysearcher »

Before i went for the 2B i was really looking into this device, but the high price AND the firmware update hassle was more than enough for me to skip it.
I doubt this device is still being upgraded to be honest, although it looks way better than the 2B ;-)
This box should be no more than 200 euro's in my opinion. But hey, who am i ;-)
Zakal
Active

Post by Zakal »

Thanks for the link to the website.
I have visited this site before, but it has been years. At the time, I was still searching for a unit. I finally settled on a 2b.
"Hurt me!" said the masochist.
"No." said the sadist.
donf
Active

Post by donf »

I have the 3rdH Player and have been using it for about 2 years. I feel it's far superior to the 2B, which I also have, with its ability to run different e-stim programs, from wave files to its own .pre and .rdh format files from its SD card input. Also, it has several unique programs specifically designed to be used with the unit in a specific electrode configuration. The IFC mode is one of the more interesting electrode configurations the unit was designed for. As for its availability, it's still selling, and I understand Nicolas is coming out with a new firmware upgrade this Summer. So, bottom line, even though it's more expensive than the 2B, it more than makes up for it with its unique programs, and in using it, it's never failed to deliver a hands-free organism at the end of my session. I highly recommend it if you can afford it.