2B died

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Riddle
Active

Re: 2B died

Post by Riddle »

How common is a channel dying on the 2B? Both channels on my 2B are dead now from running the Waterfall mode. Any recommendations to prevent this from happening again?

On a side note, I am surprised that the output can die so quickly while using the 2B with an E-Stim Systems cable and electrode (Large Torpedo) at less than maximum power. I would have expected the power box to handle this configuration because it should have been part of the product test configurations.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is part of the test conditions,. but like all electronics things can fail as we have not control over the end users conditions. Given we have 1000s of 2Bs in circulation, the likelyhood of channel failure is very slim, but it does happen with older version units.

drop the support team at info@e-stim.co.uk an email and we can get you sorted.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

admin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:46 pm It is part of the test conditions,. but like all electronics things can fail as we have not control over the end users conditions. Given we have 1000s of 2Bs in circulation, the likelyhood of channel failure is very slim, but it does happen with older version units.

drop the support team at info@e-stim.co.uk an email and we can get you sorted.

Si
Thank you for ensuring that I know who to contact to get my unit repaired; I contacted support right after channel B died and before channel A died. The $84 for shipping and administrative fees has already been paid. Since this is the second time sending it back, I have now spent $133 to keep my $400 box working.

Your answer sounds good. However, I believe it is an empty public relations post without any evidence to support it. To start, I bought my 2B last year (serial number 258XXX) so I believe it is the newer version. If the big premium electrodes were part of the test conditions, my box would still be running. On a Discord server, I mentioned losing a channel on my 2B; an experienced member immediately wanted to know electrode size and whether the power was 80% plus. Given that that person knew the conditions that fried the channel before I answered tells me that is a common occurrence. Additionally, the fact that channel A died within 20 minutes under the same conditions tells me channel B's failure was not a fluke.

I agree that you do not have control over "the end users conditions", but I do expect you to anticipate certain conditions adequately in your electronics to prevent failure. You are the only vendor of insertable electrodes with so much conductive surface area. My expectation is that your premium power box would go well with those electrodes. That expectation is now known to be wrong for two reasons: insufficient power for the Stuffer and larger, and inadequate circuit design for those electrodes.

It would be nice to believe the statistics you have given. However, there is no evidence to support it. The information that I have says that the newer design (SMD) is actually more likely to fail than the older (PTH) design. Correct engineering would reduce channel failure down very close to zero. E-Stim Systems has done the opposite.

So, obviously I am not a happy customer. Good luck correcting this situation.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've been on holiday for a week or so, I'm back in the office tomorrow so if you can PM the email you used I can look out for your particular unit and investigate further. Unfortunately shipping 1/2 way across the world in not something we can control, and we do try to make it a little easier with UPS pickups etc, but shipping and the cost of it is something we all hate.

The issue with any post is its all down to perception, a bit like e-stim!!. I'm not a PR expert, if I was I probably would not be writing on here on a Sunday afternoon, but I try to be honest and open. However I am the designer of the 2B, so I do care about my product and the way people perceive both it and us. I will obviously defend what we do, but equally I will put my hands up and admit we and I do make mistakes, but we still try to fix the problem.

So thanks for your feedback, and drop me a PM with your details and I can look out for your unit when I'm back in the workshop

Hope that helps

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

admin wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:07 pm I've been on holiday for a week or so, I'm back in the office tomorrow so if you can PM the email you used I can look out for your particular unit and investigate further. Unfortunately shipping 1/2 way across the world in not something we can control, and we do try to make it a little easier with UPS pickups etc, but shipping and the cost of it is something we all hate.

The issue with any post is its all down to perception, a bit like e-stim!!. I'm not a PR expert, if I was I probably would not be writing on here on a Sunday afternoon, but I try to be honest and open. However I am the designer of the 2B, so I do care about my product and the way people perceive both it and us. I will obviously defend what we do, but equally I will put my hands up and admit we and I do make mistakes, but we still try to fix the problem.

So thanks for your feedback, and drop me a PM with your details and I can look out for your unit when I'm back in the workshop

Hope that helps

Si
Do you have a newer version that will function (high mode, AC adapter, 100% intensity) with the Stuffer and OMG electrodes for at least an hour? That would be greatly appreciated.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Riddle wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:20 am
admin wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:07 pm I've been on holiday for a week or so, I'm back in the office tomorrow so if you can PM the email you used I can look out for your particular unit and investigate further. Unfortunately shipping 1/2 way across the world in not something we can control, and we do try to make it a little easier with UPS pickups etc, but shipping and the cost of it is something we all hate.

Hope that helps

Si
Do you have a newer version that will function (high mode, AC adapter, 100% intensity) with the Stuffer and OMG electrodes for at least an hour? That would be greatly appreciated.
But in what mode... what speed and what feel?
Adjusting these can eek out slower, More intense pulses or waves.
You are shifting more joules of energy but this is clearly beyond the designed use. It's like flat lining a convention combustion engined car in 3rd gear on the motorway... its gonna do damage after a while.
ProfZarkov
Active

Post by ProfZarkov »

Oh, I posted this on the general board...should be here...

Hi, I recently bought a 2nd hand 2B - I know if it looks too good to be true....
I've sourced a PSU and cables and they all check out.
The unit powers up (firmware 2.122B)
I can run thru all the modes
Change power level
Do a factory reset
The blue LEDs flash on the outputs
But no output at all.
Pushed the power up to beyond 50% on both channels and not even a tickle !
I guess some output stage was blown .
What's my options?
I'd love to get it working & enjoy.
Hopefully the admin staff can help.
(I have emailed them)

-do E-stim honour lifetime guarantee if it's second hand?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the lifetime guarantee only covers original purchasers, but we do offier a repair service if its out of guarantee.

drop info@e-stim.co.uk for more info

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
ProfZarkov
Active

Post by ProfZarkov »

Ok will do.
ProfZarkov
Active

Post by ProfZarkov »

Oh emailed the Co.
Speedy reply .
I'm in the UK so a quick test & quite for repairs should be swift ...
Cheers