Comparison of the ElectroHelix and 2B

The forum for support and questions in relating to the E-Stim System ElectroHelix
soundcraft
Active Developer

Comparison of the ElectroHelix and 2B

Post by soundcraft »

I only had my Helix for a few weeks when the opportunity come up to get my hands on a second hand 2B.
I though at first that the 2B would be a replacement for my Helix but I have come to realise they are very different.
Apart from the obvious ElectroHelix that the modes that are described as the same So here is a short break down of what I discovered.

Helix pulse mode

This mode felt as though the Helix had more power at the lower settings then the 2B
I also noticed that the Helix slowest pulse speed was slower then the 2B

Flow (continuos on the 2B)

This mode felt very similar on both boxes however I felt that the 2B had a bit more range
in the feel control.

Milk

Not really a mode I am too fond of but again the helix felt like it got up to a higher power
faster then the 2B and the steps feel very different.

Tease

On the Helix this is my favourite mode. There are similar modes on the 2B waterfall would be the
closest but nothing that comes close to this modes feel.

To conclude although I may come across a bit biased to the Helix the 2B has some amazing modes and I love both boxes.
I find it interesting that they can feel so very different on modes that I would have thought to be the same.

I would be interested how other boxes compare to the 2B There really is no one box that does it all.

VFRman
Active Developer

Re: Comparison of the ElectroHelix and 2B

Post by VFRman »

Hi Soundcraft
Your comparison, Helix & 2-B is spot on. Reference the "Tease" mode could not agree more. To be fair, I have not spent enough time using the 2-B to write a full review, but promise myself that 2022 will try and use the stereo modes with downloaded programmes. You can read my love of the little helix elsewhere, so much so I have two. I have only had an HFO on two occasions with the Helix combo, but bring in the Doxy vibrator on other occasions. Tease is so versatile & controllable. I love it.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

soundcraft wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:56 am I only had my Helix for a few weeks when the opportunity come up to get my hands on a second hand 2B.
I though at first that the 2B would be a replacement for my Helix but I have come to realise they are very different.
Apart from the obvious ElectroHelix that the modes that are described as the same So here is a short break down of what I discovered.

Helix pulse mode

This mode felt as though the Helix had more power at the lower settings then the 2B

This mode felt very similar on both boxes however I felt that the 2B had a bit more range
in the feel control.

Milk

Not really a mode I am too fond of but again the helix felt like it got up to a higher power

Tease

On the Helix this is my favourite mode. There are similar modes on the 2B waterfall would be the

To conclude although I may come across a bit biased to the Helix the 2B has some amazing modes and I love both boxes.
I find it interesting that they can feel so very different on modes that I would have thought to be the same.

I would be interested how other boxes compare to the 2B There really is no one box that does it all.
I have a couple of 2Bs, was on 2.106 firmware and now 2.122.
I also have an e-stim remote.

On the remote unit PULSE feels.far stronger than the 2b Pulse mode.
I even queried this with Mick at Estim systems and he assured me the waveform in that mode is different between the units despite both boxes having a "pulse" mode.
soundcraft
Active Developer

Post by soundcraft »

Davespages wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:09 am
I have a couple of 2Bs, was on 2.106 firmware and now 2.122.
I also have an e-stim remote.

On the remote unit PULSE feels.far stronger than the 2b Pulse mode.
I even queried this with Mick at Estim systems and he assured me the waveform in that mode is different between the units despite both boxes having a "pulse" mode.
[/quote]

There are a few modes what use high frequency pulses and feel less strong, Smoother sensations though. What are the diffrences between the firmwere, I was thinking about updating and was wondering if there is any changes to the waterfall, Wave and throb and training mods as I use these most. I am using the 2.106 firmware. Having a wider range of speeds would be really useful. I am hoping that what it would give me.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Soundcraft.

Direct comparison of 2.106 vs 2.122

The new firmware has a "time warp" mode.
This allows you to slow modes down by 2x 4x up to 32x slower
This i think you will find useful.

There is an online manual that explains new modes like cycle and twist.
Also the output map has 3 options (whether the output is weighted low down, high up or more linear)

Audio has 2 modes.. standard and advanced. I have not used advanced audio mode yet.

I have used the timewarp function... but really for modes like pulse... im not looking at speeds below 1hz...
soundcraft
Active Developer

Post by soundcraft »

Davespages wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:42 pm Soundcraft.

Direct comparison of 2.106 vs 2.122

The new firmware has a "time warp" mode.
This allows you to slow modes down by 2x 4x up to 32x slower
This i think you will find useful.

There is an online manual that explains new modes like cycle and twist.
Also the output map has 3 options (whether the output is weighted low down, high up or more linear)

Audio has 2 modes.. standard and advanced. I have not used advanced audio mode yet.

I have used the timewarp function... but really for modes like pulse... im not looking at speeds below 1hz...
Thanks for your response. I had read the online manual but I just wanted to see what someone using it felt and
also why you decided to keep the other 2B with the older 2.106.

I think when funds allow I will be ordering up the cable to make the update.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Stim Addict has 2x 2bs and I believe he has one on the original 2.106 firmware and the other 2b on the 2.122 firmware.

Both of my 2b units are on the same firmware 2.122.
I've found the newer firmware to be solid, no glitches or bugs.

The reason I have both units on the same firnware is that some modes have changed menu number compared to the 2.106 fireware... some new modes have been inserted lower down the menu selection and the settings options such as power, ramp, time warp, map and factory reset are high up... 26 etc.

Pulse, bounce and continuous are still 1, 2 and 3 respectively but other modes have changed number and while this isn't an issue if I can see the unit...
Most sessions I cannot see the 2b (blindfold, hood etc) so changing modes is done by counting the discreet "clicks" of the adjust knob.

95% of the time my partner is "driving" the units... she decides the power intensity etc (and I just have to take it :lol: )

When swapping over units, if the mode is different nunbers it can get very confusing.
soundcraft
Active Developer

Post by soundcraft »

Davespages wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:15 pm Stim Addict has 2x 2bs and I believe he has one on the original 2.106 firmware and the other 2b on the 2.122 firmware.

Both of my 2b units are on the same firmware 2.122.
I've found the newer firmware to be solid, no glitches or bugs.

The reason I have both units on the same firnware is that some modes have changed menu number compared to the 2.106 fireware... some new modes have been inserted lower down the menu selection and the settings options such as power, ramp, time warp, map and factory reset are high up... 26 etc.

Pulse, bounce and continuous are still 1, 2 and 3 respectively but other modes have changed number and while this isn't an issue if I can see the unit...
Most sessions I cannot see the 2b (blindfold, hood etc) so changing modes is done by counting the discreet "clicks" of the adjust knob.

95% of the time my partner is "driving" the units... she decides the power intensity etc (and I just have to take it :lol: )

When swapping over units, if the mode is different nunbers it can get very confusing.
Sorry I must have mixed you guys up.
And thanks for the info, So now I have the 2B Link cable and a pebble on my shopping list.
The wife at the helm umm I think you got to be brave

Anyway thanks for the info you been very helpful.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

soundcraft wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:56 am I only had my Helix for a few weeks when the opportunity come up to get my hands on a second hand 2B.

Helix pulse mode

in the feel control.

Milk

Tease

I dont have a Helix... but i do have a "remote" and that has pulse, continous, tease, torment, train, audio (mic) and motion.

Audio (mic) creates shocks/pulses when it detects sounds.
Motion creates shocks/pulses when it detects movement.
Pulse is a Great mode, won't make me cum but feels good.
Tease is very nice... but it makes me cum
Torment is very very very nice and makes me cum bucket loads.

On the 2b...

Milk mode... i slow the cycle rate down so the pulses are slower harder and sharper... its painful but rolls in waves... just what I like.
So milk doesn't make me cum, but I love it.

The sure fire way I cum with built in modes is thrust.
That works every time, without fail.
Resistance is futile 🤣🤣🤣
soundcraft
Active Developer

Post by soundcraft »

Davespages wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:20 pm

Helix pulse mode

in the feel control.

Milk

Tease

I dont have a Helix... but i do have a "remote" and that has pulse, continous, tease, torment, train, audio (mic) and motion.

Audio (mic) creates shocks/pulses when it detects sounds.
Motion creates shocks/pulses when it detects movement.
Pulse is a Great mode, won't make me cum but feels good.
Tease is very nice... but it makes me cum
Torment is very very very nice and makes me cum bucket loads.

On the 2b...

Milk mode... i slow the cycle rate down so the pulses are slower harder and sharper... its painful but rolls in waves... just what I like.
So milk doesn't make me cum, but I love it.

The sure fire way I cum with built in modes is thrust.
That works every time, without fail.
Resistance is futile 🤣🤣🤣
Your gotos are pretty much the same as mine, On the Helix it Tease, That will finish me off. On the 2B its thrust. Although Waterfall with the speed at about 90 feel at 80 tends to work for me too. I really love them modes. I also have an Axis but it don't get much use, Had I know about the 2B before I bought the axis I would most likely not have it.