synchronize estim to VR videos

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
user left

synchronize estim to VR videos

Post by user left »

Anybody experience with synchronizing e-stim with VR videos?
Last edited by user left on Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: synchronize estim to VR videos

Post by Stimaddict »

Easiest way would be to run your synched audio through a separate device then start your video and audio together at the same time.

Personally I've never found the need to synch the audio. I prefer to just play my favourite stimfiles alongside VR videos. To me it feels much better that way.
user left

Post by user left »

Stimaddict wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:32 am Easiest way would be to run your synched audio through a separate device then start your video and audio together at the same time.

Personally I've never found the need to synch the audio. I prefer to just play my favourite stimfiles alongside VR videos. To me it feels much better that way.
Thanks for your response Stimaddict. In VR it is all about immersiveness. If things happen in sync, so what happens on screen corresponds more or less with your estim signal would enhance immersiveness greatly. It makes you more part of the scene yourself. Without sync you are only a spectator and not participating (more or less). For me sync'ing is the way to go and can hance the experience greatly.
mojitoman
Active

Post by mojitoman »

I wrote a litte script which starts 2 instances of MPV (a media player) on my Linux laptop.

In this script the audio output port of the two instances is definded.
One instance outputs the normal audio trough the headphone port, the other outputs the estim audio trough an USB audio interface or USB soundcard.

I have no experience with VR though.
magic = physics * volition
user left

Post by user left »

I found some info on funscripts. They are used to sync between (VR)video and a masturbator like The Handy. And I found somebody who made a tool which converts these files to audio files (program is called funstim). Looks very promising. As I have no e-stim box yet I am not able to test this. Anybody else experience with converting funscripts to e-stim audio files?
pablo

Post by pablo »

@mojitoman: Are you able to share your script file?
sparkz4
Active

Post by sparkz4 »

Hi pablo,
I am not sure if mojitoman replied back to you with his mpv script.

But I was curious and wrote this very basic script to demo how this could be done using mpv on linux. I hope it is self descriptive and helps.

Dont forget mpv can play either a playlist or even a randomised shuffle of files from a directory too.

bash shell script is below

#!/bin/sh

# lists your audio devices
# using mpv --audio-device=help

# from the list, if have the following, i use the built-in speaker for audio from the movie
# and I used a usb audio adapter for the audiostim
#
# 'pulse/alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo' (Built-in Audio Analog Stereo)
# 'pulse/alsa_output.usb-GeneralPlus_USB_Audio_Device-00.analog-stereo' (USB Audio Device Analog Stereo)

movie="test_movie.mp4"
stim="test_stim.mp3"

onboard_audio="pulse/alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo"
usb_audio="pulse/alsa_output.usb-GeneralPlus_USB_Audio_Device-00.analog-stereo"

# start the movie
mpv --audio-device=$onboard_audio $movie &

#start the audio stim
mpv --audio-device=$usb_audio $stim &
lucindrea

Post by lucindrea »

All you need is scriptplayer https://github.com/FredTungsten/ScriptPlayer/releases just name the mp3 the same as the 3d video and it will auto sync - also you can get tons of fun scripts online or even on sites some sites (sexlikereal) and script player will convert on the fly and play to the audio device you select , meanwhile it's synced with deovr inside the headset - so scriptplayer on pc with audio out and devovr installed on the headset (or steam etc)
you need to enable expert in the options to see the e-stim and funscript settings.