power reduction while increasing pulse rate

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
mbatenberg

power reduction while increasing pulse rate

Post by mbatenberg »

I have a 2B on firmware 2.106 with a new battery. Am I right that when I am in pulse mode for example and increase the pulse rate only, that de power decreases automatically? Power knob A was on 25% all the time, I did not change that, I only changed the pulse rate. I can feel the power goes away by every step I increase the pulse rate. Is there a logical explanation for this? And is there a way to have a constant power level while increasing the pulse rate?

Ronfire7
Active Developer

Re: power reduction while increasing pulse rate

Post by Ronfire7 »

I have noticed the same as well.
mbatenberg

Post by mbatenberg »

Ronfire7 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:17 pm I have noticed the same as well.
Thank you for replying. So I am not the only one. Reason I ask is that I also have a Mystim Tension Lover box and I don't experience this with this box. When I turn up or down the pulse rate the power/intensity feels the same. Besides this with the Tension Lover the pulse rate is in Hz and goes till 160 hz while the 2B has a pulse rate scale from 1 till 100 but I have the feeling this does not correspond with 1 till 100 Hz. Its is more like 1 till 50 Hz. Very limited if you ask me.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

This is documented well if you run a search.

As the pulse rate increases... the power delivery time decreases with the speed of the pulse.

A slower pulse rate means the pulse is on for longer... ao the perception of more power.
mbatenberg

Post by mbatenberg »

Davespages wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:02 am This is documented well if you run a search.

As the pulse rate increases... the power delivery time decreases with the speed of the pulse.

A slower pulse rate means the pulse is on for longer... ao the perception of more power.
That is pure physics indeed. So the tension lover increases the power automatically while increasing the pulse rate and the 2B doesn't? The fact that I have to use 2 knobs on the 2b and only 1 knob on the tension lover for a higher pulse rate at the same intensity makes the tension lover a better choice for me at this point.
Nicstim
Active

Post by Nicstim »

Hi
Not sure about the reason.......but I try to avoid batteries., Use electric power as far as possible.
Use a power plug.

Nic
user left

Post by user left »

Nicstim wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:20 pm Hi
Not sure about the reason.......but I try to avoid batteries., Use electric power as far as possible.
Use a power plug.

Nic
Hello NIc,

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. At the moment I only have the 2B power box. Didn't have enough money to buy the accessory pack too. Also, because I want to upgrade the firmware. The accessory pack includes, beside the power plug, the needed digital link cable. Will be my next purchase. It is a pity that you first have to buy another cable or accessory pack, which is quit expensive, just to be able to upgrade the firmware. My opinion is that such a cable should be included with the 2B power box. The 2B was delivered with firmware 2.106. Maybe with firmware 2.122 Beta Public Beta things will feel and be a little bit better. We shall see..
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

As well as the digital link cable the accessory pack gives you a USB stick with the needed software to flash the units firmware and for remote connections.

ESS are quite protective over the software... so treasure it when it arrives.

Always run on mains power when you can... 9v batteries in a 2b on dual channel do not last long. Mains gives you that 30% boost compared to a fully charged 9v battery.

On firmware 2.122b I can't say I've noticed a difference woth the pulse rate/power but then I always tend to opt for slower, sharper pulses so unless I'm going for multiple O's a higher pulse rate just makes the session too short 🤣
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

mbatenberg wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:42 pm
Nicstim wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:20 pm Hi
Use a power plug.

Nic
Hello NIc,

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. At the moment I only have the 2B power box. Didn't have enough money to buy the accessory pack too. Also, because I want to upgrade the firmware. The accessory pack includes, beside the power plug, the needed digital link cable. Will be my next purchase. It is a pity that you first have to buy another cable or accessory pack, which is quit expensive, just to be able to upgrade the firmware. My opinion is that such a cable should be included with the 2B power box. The 2B was delivered with firmware 2.106. Maybe with firmware 2.122 Beta Public Beta things will feel and be a little bit better. We shall see..
Given the fact it's not just 'a cable', but an additional electronic interface within the cable, we could add it to every 2B, but a large proportion of people wouldn't use it, and therefore would be paying for something they don't want or need.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
mojitoman
Active

Post by mojitoman »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:13 pm
Given the fact it's not just 'a cable', but an additional electronic interface within the cable

I wanted to mention the cable is quite fair priced.

If you are technical experienced you could use a serial converter.
But honestly, it's not worth the effort of research where to buy a quality substitute, because you can't really save money.
Did this myself. :)

Same is true for the power supply and the 4mm banana plug cables.
Just stick to the original.
magic = physics * volition