Inconsistent Power/Connection ?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
kinkyson4daddy
Active

Inconsistent Power/Connection ?

Post by kinkyson4daddy »

I have a 2B unit, and an issue I have is inconsistent power.
Its some sort of connection issue I think.
I can tell when its happening, since I have to turn the 2B up higher than normal to feel it,
and the 2B will make a slight buzzing noise matching the rhythm of whatever pattern I have going.
I can wiggle things around and nothing changes, but if I keep turning it up till I can feel it well, eventually, randomly, it will all of a sudden make good contact, which is..... shocking.
I have also tried another set of cables, and it seems to do this with any attachment I use.

Davespages
Active Developer

Re: Inconsistent Power/Connection ?

Post by Davespages »

kinkyson4daddy wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:40 am I have a 2B unit, and an issue I have is inconsistent power.
Its some sort of connection issue I think.
I can tell when its happening, since I have to turn the 2B up higher than normal to feel it,
and the 2B will make a slight buzzing noise matching the rhythm of whatever pattern I have going.
I can wiggle things around and nothing changes, but if I keep turning it up till I can feel it well, eventually, randomly, it will all of a sudden make good contact, which is..... shocking.
I have also tried another set of cables, and it seems to do this with any attachment I use.
Can i ask... what electrodes are you using?

If they are NOT sticky pads... are you using conductive gel or water based lube?
Conductive rubber loops breakdown quite quickly when stretched and secured in the pinch binders.
They then work intermittently...
Conductive rubber loops should be replaced regularly.

Cables... these should be replaced regularly too... especially if you feel random shocks or changes in intensity that are not consistent with the program/mode you are playing with.

A little trick to extend the life of conductive rubber loops is to thread bare copper wire through the conductive rubber... it will conduxt the power better.
kinkyson4daddy
Active

Post by kinkyson4daddy »

Davespages wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:12 am Can i ask... what electrodes are you using?

If they are NOT sticky pads... are you using conductive gel or water based lube?
Conductive rubber loops breakdown quite quickly when stretched and secured in the pinch binders.
They then work intermittently...
Conductive rubber loops should be replaced regularly.

Cables... these should be replaced regularly too... especially if you feel random shocks or changes in intensity that are not consistent with the program/mode you are playing with.

A little trick to extend the life of conductive rubber loops is to thread bare copper wire through the conductive rubber... it will conduxt the power better.
I have used a few different electrodes. Seems to happen with any of them, and I have replaced the cables also.
Mainly have used the conductive rubber in the past. Thanks for the tip on inserting copper wire into then, thats a good idea.
One of my favorites, are conductive rubber completely around my balls and shaft, with both negatives connected to it.
Then two metal cock rings, one at the base, one at the tip, with a pos connection to each.
The metal cock rings have a cut down piece of stick pads placed on the outside of them, with rubber bands holding them on the ring tight.
I generally dont use any gel with these, but sometimes I do. Though, anytime I use gel I find it takes way more power on the 2B.
Its hard to pinpoint since there are times its fine for an entire session, then randomly one day it will act up.
kinkyson4daddy
Active

Post by kinkyson4daddy »

Something else I have noticed,
I can kinda tell when its acting up, the 2B well start making a buzz in time with the pattern once I hit about 15% or so.
And the display at times will dim ever so slightly in time with the pattern.
Normally, it would not make any buzzing or whine till I am at a much higher level, 50%+

I have tried several different eletrodes and cables, does this with all of them.
I hope its not the unit itself :(
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Sounds to me like something you could discuss with E-Stim Systems themselves. They're really helpful.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The buzzing is completely normal and is related to the transformers resonating at certain frequencies.

If you have issues with the sockets then drop the support team at email info@e-stim.co.uk, but it could also be cable related, they dont last for ever.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

In my experience, there is always some mild buzzing or high pitched whinning from the 2b its normal.

However it is particularly noticeable if the power intensity is high and an electrode is only making partial contact or if a cable.is starting to fail....
I noticed this more with poor quality or heavily used conductive rubber loops.
However adding a copper wire inside the conductive rubber helpee massively.. i used the earth conductor wire from some 1mm Twin and Earth cable.

Also if you are not using enough electro gel or water base lube you can get the whinning sound.

By Using metal electrodes and the low profile.4mm cables I have far less issues of intimittentancy ... in fact I've not had an issue in over 6 months.
Bsports2

Post by Bsports2 »

Running the copper wire through the loop worked extremely well! Thank you for sharing that bit of knowledge!
NotARealName
Active

Post by NotARealName »

Try using battery VS mains cord.
I had similar happen when using the mains cord (110volt US)
Using battery I didn't have that happen.
quincunx2020
Active

Post by quincunx2020 »

I usually hear buzzing and get less output when trying a new configuration that has a poor connection (Poorly Soldered/not cleanly conducting)
One must be careful as you get used to the power of the unit, not to turn the levels up higher than you are familiar with... I have done so and while shifting positions have received alot more than I wanted. :shock: