2B and mp3’s

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
ZedZerander
Active

2B and mp3’s

Post by ZedZerander »

Hi guys and gals,

Just bought a 2B and have a question. I have hundreds of mp3 and wav files that I want to use with the 2B. In the past I used my custom built stereo stim box(Davey box for those that know). The 2B modifies the input signal and changes it. Is there a way to play MP3’s on the 2B with no modifications? Or is there a setting that I should use to get as close to the original mp3 output as possible? I have a few files that are my go to for HFO but they are completely different when playing through the 2B as compared to my old Davey box. Unfortunately my Davey box volume knob broke and I don’t want to build a new one so I bought the 2B. Any help advice will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Davespages
Active Developer

Re: 2B and mp3’s

Post by Davespages »

From what I believe the davey box is an analogue stim box, the output is essentially an amplified signal of the input?

The 2B is a digital stim unit, it creates a digital representation of the input signal. This allows you some control of the feel... but some harsh and spikey signals are usually ignored by the 2b.

Forum user and stim guru Stimaddict is far more knowledgeable than me and will probably explain better than I have.
ZedZerander
Active

Post by ZedZerander »

Thanks for your response, yeah the more I’ve been reading the more I’m figuring things out. Yes the Davey box is just as you describe. I assumed that purchasing the 2B would be a direct replacement for my Davey box plus a little extra, lol. It wasn’t until after I posted this question that I found a bunch of posts pertaining to this and realized that it’s way different. I’m definitely enjoying my new 2B and had my first HFO last night and only being the second time I used it. So that’s great. I used waterfall with the tri-phase cable setup and mains adapter on high power. Used three 1” pads: common on head gland, yellow on perineum, red on shaft base. Waterfall at 100-35. Managed to get both channels about 22% -25% before I couldn’t take more and I blew a nice strong load after about 20 mins. Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Davespages wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:43 pm Forum user and stim guru Stimaddict is far more knowledgeable than me and will probably explain better than I have.
There's a full explanation here...

Why some stimfiles don't work so well on the 2B - https://www.e-stim.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 762#p14762
ZedZerander
Active

Post by ZedZerander »

Thank you :)
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Stimaddict wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:17 pm
Davespages wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:43 pm Forum user and stim guru Stimaddict is far more knowledgeable than me and will probably explain better than I have.
There's a full explanation here...

Why some stimfiles don't work so well on the 2B - https://www.e-stim.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 762#p14762
And to the rescue he cums :lol:
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

I have 2x 2Bs and an Estim remote unit.
Can't get enough :mrgreen:

Oh and don't get me started on the insertables :geek: