Constipation from Stim?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
astro
Active

Re: Constipation from Stim?

Post by astro »

Hi,
I found the same problem. After two sessions of estim (30min each) i also have constipation
regards
jim

acorncut
Active

Post by acorncut »

I think I experience the same thing. I use a deep urethral electrode and a ring around my scrotum.
estim4all
Active

Post by estim4all »

Hi Ilovestim76 and others,

- The peristaltic reflex is a mechanism that moves food in our body. This mechanism exists in the oesophagus, in the small and large intestine.
Note: a similar mechanism is used during ejaculation.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peristalsis
When it comes to intestine the things are more complex because, in addition to move food, the contractions are also intended to mix the food.
For more details on the 3 types of contractions in gut organs read https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53478/

- Whatever the goal of electro-stimulation is, the electric signal can only induce muscular contractions.
The greater the distance between the electrodes, the greater the number of nerves and muscles stimulated.
When you use an anal electrode and an electrode on the penis the number of nerves stimulated is much more important, and less specific, than with two electrodes on the penis.

- So, as you can see, we are always talking about contractions: EStim produces contractions, gut uses different types of contractions to mix and move food.
It is easy with a too broad stimulation area (and maybe a too strong signal) to disturb bowel movement by interfering with the contraction mechanisms of the gut.

For similar reasons everyone knows that EStim must never interfere with the cardiac area.

My personal experience: I had similar problems, plus back pain due to excessive contraction of the left psoas muscle.
The antispasmodics used for stomach aches worked well for me, but my problems disappeared when I stopped using any type of internal electrodes.

Regards.

This older post is also about the same problem
spini
Active

Post by spini »

Ilovestim76 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:13 pm Hi -

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced extreme bouts of constipation after stimming for multiple days or weeks in a row. I don’t use a high amount of power when stimming but do normally connect an electrode right above my buttox that has connectivity to the prostate area. I’ve been extremely constipated for weeks now and I’m starting to think there is a connection since the sacral nerves control bowel movements. Any thoughts here or experience?

Thanks!
I've not used an electrode in that particular location (above the buttocks) as yet, so I cant speak directly to your question. But I have 'blasted' the nerves in my pelvic area on multiple days (eg six HFOs across five days), using a mix of configurations (mono and bipolar anal trodes; trans-scrotal pads; a deep prostate-reaching 24cm metal sound; glans electrodes), with intensities that seem quite high to me (ie at almost out-of-body-experience levels at times). Some of my sessions are also very long (eg 6.5 hours). And this has had no impact on my bowel motility, which is actually as regular as ever it has been in my life. If anything, I feel the psychological relaxation of amazing estim orgasms makes me less uptight about life in general, and this translates to being less uptight down below. (I also have a very high fibre breakfast every day -muesli with added bran, four prunes, and four dates).

However, I should note that my anal electrodes are quite small, the biggest one being the small Flo, from ESS. If one was using a much larger anal trode, I wonder if one's rectal reflexes might 'learn' to not respond so automatically to other sources of internal pressure, and thus lead to constipation? I experienced this a decade back when I got a bit addicted to enemas. And this partly directed my choice to keep to smaller anal trodes, even though my imagination definitely tries to convince me that 'bigger is better'.

One other factor to consider with long/repeated estim sessions is that they can be quite dehydrating. I have to force myself to drink water, that urge being something that diminishes with age, and of course its even easier to not think about hydration in the midst of a rapturous estim session! I have suffered from severe constipation in decades past, so I am quite mindful now of the role of drinking enough water, and know that it has a direct impact on bowel motility.

So it might just be a matter of fine-tuning your 'configuration', and seeing how things respond. For example, I often stim while lying on my back in bed, and if I do so with my legs extended, I get cramps in my left lower calf muscles, to the point where I cant cum. But I found that simply flexing my legs completely stops the cramping.

I hope you can work things out ;)

spini