Ramp up for 2B ?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Hastur
Active

Ramp up for 2B ?

Post by Hastur »

Would it be possible to implement a "Ramp up" function for the 2B like the one in the et312 ?
When engaged, this function automatically increase the intensity of both channel every X seconds, up to a max level (both the time interval and the max level can be modified).

I use this function to keep the level almost constant during a session without having to touch the controls. It compensate for the desensitization resulting from prolonged sessions.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Ramp up for 2B ?

Post by admin »

You can program it in a session file, but the reason for ramp on the ET312, is because of the level control they used.... you change mode and it could jump straight to 50% as soon as the mode kicks in. We use a electronic level control so it always sets to zero when a mode starts, hence no need for Ramp.

However look at the step and training modes, both do an increase over time to a set level.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Hastur
Active

Post by Hastur »

Thanks for your answer !

There is two ramp functions on the et312. First, the one you are referring to, that activates when switching modes, and goes relatively quickly from 0 to 100% to avoid sudden spikes between modes.

The second one can be activated within the menu, for every modes except the random one. It use two parameters : RampLevel, a value between 50% and 100% of the set level (if for example Ramplevel is set to 50% and the channel level is at 50, the ramp will start at 25 and go up to 50), and RampTime, the time between each ramp increment (1% steps, from 1 to 120 seconds).

I'll make sure to check Step and Training mode. However, being able to automatically increase the outputs levels over time to compensate the desensitization that is occurring during long sessions would be, IMHO, a great feature to add.
comandatuba
Active

Post by comandatuba »

I respectfully vote for adding this feature as well, for most modes. Those of us who do self-bondage with our 2B's would really appreciate it.

In a nutshell, being able to have the box automatically slowly increase the power over a long duration, and then stay at the higher level after the ramping intervals are complete, rather than ramping down again, would be great. I have an old ET-312, and while can be set up to do this, as others have noted, I'd like to be able to do this with the 2B's modes as well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

With a session file it can be done very easily. Not ramping down may be an option, but we have found that with two many internal extras people then get confused and complain things are not working.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Hastur
Active

Post by Hastur »

I'm sure it can be done easily with a session file, but I still think it would be more convenient to have that option directly on the box, as creating sessions for different lenghts/modes is not as flexible as having an onboard option (not to mention the hassle of having the 2B connected to a nearby computer).

I get were you're coming from as a company when you're mentioning people getting confused and complaining about too many options, and I thank you for your honest answer, but with all due respect, I would find it sad to not consider adding this option because of that, as the 2B is currently the most advanced power box in the estim market, and thus more likely to attract advanced stimmers.