USB PP3 for 2b?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Bentrider
Active

USB PP3 for 2b?

Post by Bentrider »

Wondering if anyone has used the following batteries in a 2b? If so do they work ok? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rechargeable-P ... 381&sr=8-3
Thanks, Lee.

Hastur
Active

Re: USB PP3 for 2b?

Post by Hastur »

Didn't try one of those with the 2B, but a friend of mine tried an usb rechargable pp3 battery in a guitar pedal, and it interfered with the signal (and I see some reviews on the amazon page that state the same). Interference in the sound of a guitar amp is no big deal, but I would'nt try interference in the electric signal sent to my genitals :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

looking at the spec....... noooooo!!!!!

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Always better to use the mains adapter or an external 12v battery. The 2B literally jumps to life when running on 12 volts!
wz000111
Active

Post by wz000111 »

Yeah, I did. I found them to be relatively low in power than a standard battery. As mentioned before, the mains power supply is best
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

Question to Admin
Why are the Lithium rechargeable batteries a problem?
I see they supply a slightly lower voltage and may not deliver as much power but is that a problem unless trying to max out the power?
Bentrider
Active

Post by Bentrider »

I suspect it is a 3.7v nominal cell internally and a boost circuit to output the 9v and the output is not perfectly smooth DC like you would get direct from a battery.