What is the uplink cable used for exactly?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
qaws44

What is the uplink cable used for exactly?

Post by qaws44 »

Hello everyone,

I want to purchase the 2b and was wondering if I also have to purchase the uplink cable. Im on the fence, because I dont really know what it is used for exactly. I read on reddit that you need the cable to use 3rd party audio files, but I got no clue what 3rd party audio files are. I also know you need the cable to update the firmware, but is that really necessary? The cable is pretty expensive and dont want to buy something I wont be using. Would be much appreciated if someone could help me out here.

The most important thing for me is to be able to use any audio stimming file I want, but I dont think I need the uplink cable for that do I?

admin
Site Admin

Re: What is the uplink cable used for exactly?

Post by admin »

The 2B comes with a stereo audio cable so if you just want audio you are sorted.

The UpLink system allows you to update your 2B (latest Beta offer far more functionality), control it from a computer, record and playback sessions using a computer, and it also allows you control over then internet via E-Stim Connect.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
qaws44

Re: What is the uplink cable used for exactly?

Post by qaws44 »

admin wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:07 pm The 2B comes with a stereo audio cable so if you just want audio you are sorted.

The UpLink system allows you to update your 2B (latest Beta offer far more functionality), control it from a computer, record and playback sessions using a computer, and it also allows you control over then internet via E-Stim Connect.

Si
Thanks for answering the question!