Running Commander from a tablet

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Robbartze
Active

Running Commander from a tablet

Post by Robbartze »

I'm running Commander3 from a 32bit tablet that has a micro USB connector and using the digit link cable with a USB to micro USB convertor. I'm trying to find a cable with a micro USB connector to use instead of the supplied digital link cable but one I've tried doesn't work for a reason unknown.

I've also tried to use it from my phone using the stimme android app and have the same issue.

Does anyone know of a suitable cable that I can purchase that would do the job.

samcdestim
Active

Re: Running Commander from a tablet

Post by samcdestim »

I do not recall seeing a micro usb to serial cable version, the USB end normally contains the USB to serial chip.

The Serial Link cable works fine with an Android phone and StimMe App, but you need to connect it via a USB2Go (OTG) adaptor. You can get a version that accepts the standard Serial Link USB connector with Micro USB to plug into the device.
Robbartze
Active

Post by Robbartze »

I do have an adapter that works but was looking for a direct cable as I prefer to keep things as simple as possible.

I did find one on ebay but it doesn't connect unfortunately.
samcdestim
Active

Post by samcdestim »

Highly unlikely you will find a single cable that combines both and functions as a USB2Go and USB to Serial Adaptor.