2B 12 volt connection with car power point

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Nautus
Active

2B 12 volt connection with car power point

Post by Nautus »

All, The 2B apparently can operate on 12 volts (or 9) I am looking for a way to simply directly connect the 2B to a 12 volt source such as a car power point, aka the cigarette lighter socket. Being mindful of course of the correct polarity at the barrel connector.

The 2B power supply fromStontronics ( Model DSA-12PFU-12-FCA) inputs 220/110 and outputs 12 volts.

However there is no indication if this is 12 volts DC or 12 volts AC.

Can Admin please advise if the 2B works off 12 volts DC and if so if there any reason not to go this route.

Thank you.Nautus

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2B 12 volt connection with car power point

Post by admin »

It is not something we would recommend, as a non E-Stim Systems power supply has not been tested with the 2B. Vehicle power supplies are also prone to spiking especially when starting which may damage your 2B and even injure your subject. Use of non approved accessories will also invalidate the lifetime guarantee.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Zakal
Active

Post by Zakal »

If I could recommend a 12V power inverter. It will convert 12V DC to either 120V or 240V AC, then you can plug in the factory-supplied power adapter.
Inelegant I know, but it will keep you safe -- in more ways than one.
"Hurt me!" said the masochist.
"No." said the sadist.
Nautus
Active

Post by Nautus »

Thanks all for the advice……will look into a small inverter….Nautus
radiotech

Post by radiotech »

In a former life I tested some advanced digital electronics systems with cars. My recollection is that an unloaded, fully-charged 12 volt lead-acid car battery can be expected to output approximately 13.2 volts. With the engine running, you can expect to measure approximately 14.4 volts at the battery or accessory ('cigar lighter') receptacle. Since contemporary cars are tremendously dependent on sophisticated digital electronics, I believe its reasonable to expect the voltage to be reasonably stable and glitch- and noise-free. I would defer to the manufacturer, however, and never attempt to power my 2B with anything more that a fraction of a volt above 12 volts.