Rechargeable Battery?

Everything to do with the E-Stim Systems Remote control system. The first E-Stim Remote in the world with a motion sensor. and now with sound as well.
Riddle
Active

Re: Rechargeable Battery?

Post by Riddle »

I got some EBL rechargeable lithium ion 9V 600 mAh batteries, charged them fully, and tested one in my E-Stim remote box. The battery output voltage was 8.38V right out of the charger and 8.33V after resting overnight in their plastic battery case from the manufacturer.

Fresh off the charger, the battery level was 2 LEDs unlit from full power and the power box output was not good enough to power my stuffer electrode. Swapping to a pair of small conductive rubber electrodes on the penis had much better intensity than the stuffer, but still not as good as fresh alkaline batteries. Have not tested how long they will last yet.

Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

I own 2x2bs and an estim remote.

Although not mentioned yet, having owned an estim remote for about 2 years, I've yet to change the battery in the remote fob! So that's good!

I run my remote box on ebay rechargeable 9v batteries and I'm happy with the output.

Can also concur that immediately off the charger, the remote box shows 4 out of 6 lights for battery level.

I also use those same rechargeable batteries on my 2b and for 95% of the time (even with the OMG) I am happy with the power output. I just change the battery after an hour of use.
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

Quick summary: Rechargeable 9V batteries with steady 9V output until dead. See Amazon link below.

Another more recent rechargeable battery discussion got me curious about the possibility of finding rechargeable 9V batteries that will output over 9 Volts until the battery dies. I searched Amazon 9V batteries until I found one that said the output was 9V. This is what I found:
https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Bat ... 0BC8P2TS6/
These have in the description “9V output” and “[Widely Used] … provide steady voltage.” So, the “1300 mAh” seems ridiculous (double the normal plus some) at 9V, but would be the appropriate size for a single lithium ion battery cell. I believe the manufacturer did this and the user will see something resembling 600 mAh at 9V.

So, I was curious enough about these batteries to order a set of 4 for testing purposes. They arrived yesterday and I started testing them last night. Brand new out of the box, I measured 9.19V on 3 of the 4; the 4th measured 9.23V. All of them took some time on the charger before the red LED turned green for fully charged. The output voltages were still the same after charging.

Installed in my E-Stim Remote box, the LEDs showed full charge (7 LEDs lit). Leaving the box powered to drain the battery, I occasionally power-cycled the box to check the indicated charge and saw full charge every time. Tonight, the box had no power and the battery was completely dead (0V). Installed a new battery in the remote box and it also showed full charge. After a couple minutes of charging, the dead battery again had 9.19V output when the charging circuit should have been running constant current to bring the battery back up to 4.2V. This was over an hour ago and the battery is still charging. Just now, the battery voltage measured 9.20V on my meter and the battery case was slightly warm from charging.

I stuck a voltage gauge on another battery and have been watching it flicker between 9.15V and 9.16V since last night. It is still doing that now. Just checked the current draw of the Volt gauge and it is about 7mA. When the battery dies, I will be able to estimate the Watt-hours and mAh (@9V) of it. Of course, the estimates will not consider significant variables such as conversion efficiency, internal parasitic losses, battery internal resistance, or anything else that will affect the mAh performance of the battery under other loads.

To conclude, I have found a set of rechargeable lithium 9V batteries that are very close to Alkaline batteries when full and maintain their full voltage until they reach the low-voltage-cut-out. Very nice!
wert
Active

Post by wert »

which is a better charging system the standard unit or the battery with the usb cable...thanks
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

wert wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:37 pm which is a better charging system the standard unit or the battery with the usb cable...thanks
I recommend picking the desired battery and using the charge method for it. The battery with the standard charger allows for a higher output current and higher mAh at almost 9V. The 2B on HIGH mode with both output channels at the high end of the intensity range trips the current limit of the 1300mAh battery which resets the 2B because of the power remove/reapply cycle of the current limit. So, the 2B likes the first battery option. The E-Stim Remote likes the 1300mAh battery with the USB cable because of the higher battery voltage since it doesn’t trip the current limit of this battery.
wert
Active

Post by wert »

thanks for the info so if understand correctly you recommend the charging station 9v
any suggestion on a good 9v setup
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

wert wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:00 am thanks for the info so if understand correctly you recommend the charging station 9v
any suggestion on a good 9v setup
Sorry for the confusion. Which E-Stim Systems power box are the batteries powering?
wert
Active

Post by wert »

the pebble