Rechargeable Battery?

Everything to do with the E-Stim Systems Remote control system. The first E-Stim Remote in the world with a motion sensor. and now with sound as well.
Riddle
Active

Rechargeable Battery?

Post by Riddle »

I am curious about getting some rechargeable 9V batteries for my E-Stim remote power box and would like to know how well they work before buying them. The lithium ion batteries have a lower maximum voltage than the Alkaline batteries; has anyone noticed any difference in the power output of the box with these batteries?

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: Rechargeable Battery?

Post by mrbutt89 »

They work OK to an extent. They're never as good as the mains power option, and in my experience they tend to fade just as things are getting interesting.
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

With a 9V battery, the 2B has too little power, regardless whether it is rechargeable or not. I always use the mains connection.
If you are looking for a mobile solution, look for a power bank. There is already something about it here, including a recommendation to buy. Just search for powerbank or power bank
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

I am confused about the responses so far. Both suggest mains power with the 2B. I created this thread in the E-Stim Remote power box section and asked about rechargeable batteries for that (E-Stim Remote Power Box). The biggest concern of mine is how much the battery voltage effects the box power output.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is because people don't always read the thread, and the usual question is in relation to the 2B. The Remote will operate with rechargeable, but with varying levels of success, depending on the type of rechargeable (there are quite a few these days), we generally don't recommend them as they generally don't perform as well as a standard PP3.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

Thank you Admin for your response. That definitely makes sense to generally not recommend them. Tempted to try some and see how they do.

Out of curiosity, has E-Stim Systems considered a different power option for the E-Stim remote box? Perhaps an external power connection like the 2B?
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Apologies, Riddle. I misunderstood which power box you were asking about.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Riddle wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:20 am Thank you Admin for your response. That definitely makes sense to generally not recommend them. Tempted to try some and see how they do.

Out of curiosity, has E-Stim Systems considered a different power option for the E-Stim remote box? Perhaps an external power connection like the 2B?
Then it would not be as portable as it currently is. We are always considering changes to units and new ideas, but sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. a PP3 takes seconds to replace other than 2 hours to recharge.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

I use the lithium rechargeable batteries with both the Pebble and 2B. They work well for me and some of the newer 9V have more amp hours to them than the older ones that I have used.
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

Last night, I installed a fresh 9V alkaline battery (9.7V when installed) and used the remote box off and on for a few hours until the output power was down too low. When I removed the battery, its voltage was 7.0V. Switched to the 2B because I didn’t want to use another $5 battery last night.